Breakdown Cover

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Arkwright, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Arkwright

Arkwright Deleted User

Anyone out there knows if there is such a thing as European Breakdown Cover, I have just recently bought an American RV and although these companies brag about covering any vehicle any size, When it comes to the nitty gritty!! Any size means No longer than 8mtrs, Height 3.5mtrs and weight 4350kgs!! Need Help!!:cry:

2. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Hi Arkwright, yes mate ther is I have cover with the RAC its called their arrival scheme and you have to joint the caravan club first in order to be allowed into the RAC scheme, I just know your going to say Ah! But the RAC wont cover it, in the Arrival scheme they surely will....... GAURANTEED
    Geo:thumb:

3. Terry

Terry Funster

ARIVAL ,ALSO,they told me they would recover a 40 tonner if it was a m/h:Rofl1::thumb:
    terry

4. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Do the Caravan Club run the Scheme as well? I thought is was the Camping and Caravan Club that ran the <Arrival Scheme>

5. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Jim yes it is through 1 of the clubs :thumb:
    terry

6. ruffingitsmoothly

ruffingitsmoothly Read Only Funster

Yes it's the CC&C and yes they will recover any size of motorhome.

I have insured my 34' Monaco Windsor with the RAC and they confirmed this too even in the case of an accident!!!

[​IMG]

Regards Pat

7. Arkwright

Arkwright Deleted User

Thanks for that Pat!! Sorry for the delay in replying! New at this could'nt find how to get any answers back that i may have had!! Dont suppose you could help me out with a phone number for CC&C going away very soon and getting a bit twitchy! Broke down last time out. No big deal (Auto Brake Leaked all fluid) Just as i took my ticket at french toll booth! O was i popular!! Need a bit o peice o mind this time!

Thanks Again
    Gordon

8. keith

keith Funster

9. Arkwright

Arkwright Deleted User

Hi GEO, Thanks for that! And you were correct i was going to say that!! I joined the Caravan Club before i thought about cover and cant get a sensible answer out of them!! To be honest they doin my ed in! But now i have an idea about this "Arrival Scheme" I'll have another pop at em! Tried again today like talking to a brick wall!! Sorry for delay i have been looking for any replies all week! Could'nt find em!! DER You probably guessed i'm new at this!
    Thanks Again
    Gordon

10. keith

keith Funster

Gordon,
    I think you may be getting confused by now.

You need to join The Caravan & Camping Club HERE
    You then go to the RAC & tell them you want to join the arrival scheme as a member of the CCC. You will get cover as stated earlier. :thumb:

I had a puncture in Barcelona & the jack was usless so called RAC & was on my way in 40 mins, including directions from the "mechcanico" that fixed us up. :clap:

11. Arkwright

Arkwright Deleted User

Hi GEO, Thanks for that! And you were correct i was going to say that!! I joined the Caravan Club before i thought about cover and cant get a sensible answer out of them!! To be honest they doin my ed in! But now i have an idea about this "Arrival Scheme" I'll have another pop at em! Tried again today like talking to a brick wall!! Sorry for delay i have been looking for any replies all week! Could'nt find em!! DER You probably guessed i'm new at this!
    Thanks Again
    Gordon

12. Arkwright

Arkwright Deleted User

Hi Keiith, Just done it On-Line, Will contact RAC when all goes thru! And yes my head is mashed! lol
    Many Thanks :thumb:
    Gordon

13. davaud

davaud Read Only Funster

davaud

hi i had this trouble last year didnt cover anything over 15 years old but found that the camping and caravan club did it was cheaper if you joined the club first but check if they take that lenghth before you consider joining

14. OurGert 'n' Him

OurGert 'n' Him Read Only Funster

We joined the C&CC and the RAC Arrivals scheme and are we glad we did!! Two blown tyres on our 33ft Damon Intruder just as we were approaching the M25 on our way back from Normandy. Recovered all the way home to sunny Doncaster on a low-loader. Premium was worth every penny that day!!! :BigGrin::BigGrin: