breakdown cover (1 Viewer)

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Got mt reneal in from Greenflag,the full monty including personnal cover is £117.00 (both of us are disabled and wife does not drive,hence the cover) this only covers the UK.
In October we were visiting friends in Germany and when out for a walk about in Essen saw an A.DA.C. Shop so we went in for a nosey, ending up talking to a lovely lady who told us all about their service,They are the largest breakdown company in Europe,they have their own fleet of trucks,planes,helicopters,vans and all are in bright yellow, easily seen,call centres are multi lingual and 24 hours.
They have their own ambulance service ( should you require one) they cover none EEC countries plus Canada and USA !! When in Uk if you require assistance it is the RAC who attend.
All of the above cost me 66 Euros !! that is for myself and the boss (wife) replacement car if required,chauffeur too, plus monthly magazine c/w multiple discounts.
We are also cover whille a passenger in any car,something we were very happy about as our sons car broke down last month (Volvo S60 turbo knackered) from call to recovery only took 55 mins !!
Best is the European coverage which is included, we are going to Greece in June sfe in the knowledge we are covered.
cheers

Mixter

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Now a year - cant believe it!
I think the helicopter would clinch it for me. I can just see our van suspended a thousand foot over the house being lowered onto the drive.:roflmto:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Sounds good do you know if they cover large RVs and do you have a contact number mine isn't due yet but would be worth atry when it is thanks

All the best Rick.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have been a member for some time,used em a few times,last time yesterday when I broke down on the M6 just south of Coventry in a friends volvo.The AA came and rescued me from the motorway and took me to Corley services where they couldnt repair it so loaded the car onto a transporter and took me home 65 miles.There cover is upto 7500kgs.
I have the ADAC plus membership which covers travel and medical cover.
When the AA man asked how much it was he said he couldnt get that kind of cover from the AA at double that price,and he works for them.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Need a German Address?

Thanks for this it sounds good; have been on website but it tells me they cannot give cover unless you have a resident address in Germany.
How did you get ovber this? Would be interested to kinow

Norman

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thanks for this it sounds good; have been on website but it tells me they cannot give cover unless you have a resident address in Germany.
How did you get ovber this? Would be interested to kinow

Norman

From website

Using the links below to acquire ADAC membership requires that your place of residence is in Germany. For technical reasons, our system does not support international addresses.

If you do not have a German address, please contact an ADAC local office or call 01805 10 11 12 (14 cent/min German landline, max. 42 cent/min. from mobile networks). We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

http://www.adac.de/mitgliedschaft/adac_membership/default.aspx?quer=mitgliedschaft_leistungen%2fmitgliedschaftstarife%2fmembership%2fdefault.asp&ComponentID=30621&SourcePageID=193391

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
You do not nead a German address or bank account.
You will have to phone them to get the cover and am afraid I no longer have the number,I only have the assistance numbers.
There was a thread on this some time ago with the number you have to call to join.They are multi lingual so no problem.
Sorry I cant be any further help,if you do some trawling through posts am sure you will find it.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
as snowy said, you dont need a german addy but they wont take payment by credit/debit card.
for some reason their system doesnt support it.

you need to ring and pay by cheque. (unless the system has changed)

ADAC will only attend in germany...anywhere else its 'local to country' sub-contractors, so that puts the helicopter/plane idea out. :Sad:

heres the link to the ENGLISH VERSION click on the membership option needed and it takes you to the application form.

i believe this is the phone number +49 89 22 22 22

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Just as a post script to this I found out how they do it so cheaply.

ADAC have an agreement with most countries including the UK that for instance if a Brit breaksdown in Germany ADAC will give the same assistance as the Brit had in the UK,whether it be with AA,RAC or whoever.
In return they all must give the same here in the UK to an ADAC member...so in reality its like having membership of every breakdown company in Europe,but with the added advantage of paying only one:thumb:.

OP
OP
tjay
Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Hello to all,please find bellow contact details for ADAC
www.adac@adac.de
tel number + 49 89 22 22 22 or =49 180 2 22 22 22 This is the numbers that I have used to contact them,do not worry if you cannot speak any German as there is always someone available who can speak perfect English ( I can only speak a little German)
I did not know that AA did recovery in UK now as last year is was the RAC however like last post said Rac employee also repeated the AA mans words and added why was it so cheap.
Our Joint membership is the disabled plus whic give us the fullest cover that is available.
Hope that this assists them that want to change.
cheers,
tom

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back