Breakdown Cover

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Doddy999, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Doddy999

Doddy999 Read Only Funster

Just looked at my AA breakdown cover through Safeguard, but notice I cant get towed as my 2.8 Fiat Bessacarr 765 is 3850kg? :Sad:
    Is there anyone else who (hopefully not needed) knows of a firm that tows over this
    3.5 ton?

:Smile::Smile: Thanks

2. nomadic

nomadic Funster

Have you checked with safeguard, and ask for it in writing......I say this because we had an E760, which came with three years AA European cover, and the E760 was also 3850, later upgraded to 3950.:Smile:

Fait did confirm my cover, but the European part would have been a bit of a struggle, if we needed it, as we would have to pay, and recover the cost from the AA:Rofl1:

To answer your question, if you are a member of the C&CC, then you could join the RAC Arrival scheme, with no weight or size restriction. It also covers the driver whatever vehicle he/she is driving, and you get two named members for the price of the annual subs. If you are not C&CC members, and you do not wish to join, then I think Comfort insurance provide RAC European cover as an add on, I looked at it once, and found it expensive. Another insurer worth looking at is NFU Mutual, for they now will also provide again, I think RAC cover as an add on.

I also understand that the ADAC organisation offer the same service, at a lower rate, but I've not investigated that, as our cover for two vehicles with ADAC would I understand, double the subs.:Doh:

I hope this helps, :thumb:

Nomadic

3. Terry

Terry Funster

Enquire with the AA as they recover any size through the CC insurance :thumb:
    terry
    edit We are with the RAC arivals - no limit

4. aba

aba

how i read safeguards recovery is that they will recover any size vehicle
    as the fleet cover they have is pay on use so they don't actually pay out anything unless they need it.
    someone on here i think has asked safeguard direct about rv recovery and apparently it would be recovered.
    i hope this is right as i am insured with safeguard and my MH is 5 ton.:thumb::thumb:

5. lunarman

lunarman Funster

Our Lunar 786 is 7.8m and 3850kg I am insured with safeguard and checked with them because the AA did not cover above 3500kg. They assured me that I was covered for recovery via their fleet insurance.

If you are unsure speak to safeguard and get it in writing.

Lunarman

6. Doddy999

Doddy999 Read Only Funster

Thanks everyone :Smile: Will ring Safeguard on Monday :thumb:

7. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

ADAC up to 7500kgs anywhere in Europe,about £100 depending on the days exchange rate.

8. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

Britannia Rescue through the CSMA at around £114 including full European cover up to 7.5 tonnes. They were very good when needed.

This year I am with NFU for MH insurance, but they won't cover the MH for European recovery, however, both the NFU and Britannia premium, amounts to less than Equity Red Star's annual renewal premium.

HTH,

Jock.