Breakdown Cover

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by Ricklister, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Ricklister

Ricklister Read Only Funster

Hi

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good company that will offer European breakdown cover for a van over 3.8 tonnes?

Thanks

2. wiljoy

wiljoy Funster

After contacting several companies they all had clauses restricting either weight or length. Eventually I found Saga had a NO RESTRICTION policy without all the cowboy small print to catch you out. There cover is for UK and Europe without length or weight limits. The price was as competative as anyone else. My main reason for breakdown cover was to have a wheel change which most companies class as a cost item.
    Wiljoy:thumb:

3. johnnerontheroad

johnnerontheroad Read Only Funster

I have SAGA but try ADAC they are very good had the when I lived in Germany.

Dave

4. keith

keith Funster

ADAC at a fraction of the other cover from RAC. Both cover large vans.

ADAC are in Germany but many of us use them with good reports of the service when used. They have English speaking staff & I had no trouble joining for around £78 for full European cover.

I have an English translation of the hand book & conditions but it's too large to attach on here, if you want it PM me with your email & I'll send it to you.

5. Braunston

Braunston Read Only Funster

6. Ricklister

Ricklister Read Only Funster

Thanks

Will give them a try

7. poonamt93

poonamt93 Read Only Funster

I would first try here: www.simplebreakdowncover.co.uk. they compare uk and european covers - actually compare, not only list banners and ads. but what is even more important they give you the exact premium based on your requirements (i.e. car age, number of days you want to go for etc.) for the whole variety of recovery providers (aa, rac and smaller ones). and those they do not list those policies that you can't buy (i.e. your car is to old).
    May this help you...........:Smile: