breakdown cover

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by daviddharris, Jul 1, 2009.

1. daviddharris

daviddharris Deleted User

Hi everyone,
    I have an '05 Lunar Roadstar 786 and intend to do some UK and European touring this summer (im new to motorhome ownership, having rented a 786 last summer). I would like some help please with selecting good breakdown cover for both UK and Continental travel. Its not something i want to use, but if and when i need to - i need it to be the best!

Thank you!

2. vindiboy

vindiboy Funster

Hi ,Dave,If you are a member of the Camping and Caravan Club, you can join the RAC ARRIVAL scheme through them, it is basically the Rolls Royce of breakdown cover UK and Europe,It covers any vehicle,you or a named person is in as a passenger or driver, no age restriction on vehicle, no size restriction or weight on vehicle.The only down side of it is that you are restricted to 90 days cover in EUROPE in any one trip, so you must return to England every 90 days.. Otherwise you can get cover with Comfort Insurance but only if you insure the vehicle with them, there must be other options available, and I'm sure someone will be along to tell you of them Regards Malc. :thumb::thumb:

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Nationwide

For information,

Nationwide are offering cover for any size / weight RV / motorhome.

The only downside I could see was that European trips were limited to 90 days. but that is common with other providers.

>>>>Nationwide<<<<

Copy of email I received: This is for over 23ft, any weight .. smaller vans are cheaper .. Prices Here £38.50 - £73.50

hth

Jim

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  4. theresa

theresa Read Only Funster

we are with safeguard found them to be very good and not a bad price they cover you home and abroad :Blush: