breakdown cover Spain for six weeks (1 Viewer)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi the best way is doing it yearly with your insurance company when you take out the motorhome insurance, or if your a member of the camping and caravan club take out breakdown though them, but again it will be a yearly policy. Bob.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Hello, be aware that breakdown cover in Europe merely means recovering the vehicle and taking it direct to the nearest garage or brand dealer,therefore,you can easily sort yourself out in phoning a garage/dealer.

They don't do the RAC/AA side of road fix.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we do ours through the RAC, annual policy, including UK and all of Europe with full recovery with no length weight limits

being members of the C+CC got the no length / weight extension at no premium

not sure what we pay, but have UK RAC cover anyway, so the European extension only adds a little

we pay £229 / year, but that covers both of us in any vehicle anywhere in europe

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
I've just renewed the Motorhome insurance and breakdown cover with Shield. The annual breakdown insurance is £75 for all Europe. Used it previously in Spain, excellent service.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
we do ours through the RAC, annual policy, including UK and all of Europe with full recovery with no length weight limits

being members of the C+CC got the no length / weight extension at no premium

not sure what we pay, but have UK RAC cover anyway, so the European extension only adds a little

we pay £229 / year, but that covers both of us in any vehicle anywhere in europe

David I'm going to dig our paperwork out.

We were talking about this at the weekend as us and some friends both have the c&cc RAC arrival. When I checked with the RAC regarding cover when we swopped to the mh we were told we didn't have the euro cover. Our friends do (and we've compared cards).
I reckon we paid about £270 and our friends was over £400:Eeek:

And yet you paid less than £230!

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I did double check ours, the £229 was exactly what we paid from our bank on renewal in June this year

Unlike us to get a bargain, I will be interested in what you find out (y)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I did double check ours, the £229 was exactly what we paid from our bank on renewal in June this year

Unlike us to get a bargain, I will be interested in what you find out (y)
I'll let you know. Ours includes the kids but I'm sure it's marketed that additional family members are free

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
NM

Join us or log in to post a reply.