Breakdown cover in Morocco

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by sussex gone north, May 26, 2010.

1. sussex gone north

sussex gone north Read Only Funster

Has anyone seen breakdown cover for Morocco for a 21 ft van? Swiftcover covers the country but has a limit of 17 ft, others don't seem interested.

2. vwalan

vwalan Funster

there is some insuranc breakdowns that cover any country the green card covers .saga used ti do it when i ins.with them .take a god scafold pole and get some big ringswelded on eacend.
    there,s always a truck going your way get a tow back to spain . or fix it in maroc.
    26 thousand campers hit maroc every winter so its not a problem. cheers alan.

3. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

A lot of Motorhome breakdown polices cover Morocco in their European package.

Fiat Camping Car Assistance is by the RAC Morocco is included.
    Comfort Insurance again RAC Morocco is included.
    I think Saga is also RAC but no mention of Morocco.
    I think ADAC cover as well.

Just Google Motorhome Breakdown Cover & check out the policies, if you have a Fiat taking the RAC cover though them is only £79.
    If insured with Comfort only £57.

4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

no suggestions, but with a 17ft limit it sounds like swiftcover arent too keen either. :Angry:

5. vwalan

vwalan Funster

first make sure you do have morocco ins. alot of uk policies dont cover maroc at all. best to get a proper old fashioned green card .it helps at the border .some add it on the bottom of their list but maroc officials like a ggggggreen card .

6. sussex gone north

sussex gone north Read Only Funster

Morocco Cover

Thanks for the suggestions - all fell over. Eventually found National Breakdown will cover Morocco

7. vwalan

vwalan Funster

when is your planned trip? we normally go for the winter ,didnt last winter stayed in spain n portugal but its too cold n wet ,like i say make sure you have a green card much easier at border . have fun in shallah

8. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

ADAC cover Morocco,but its not a problem if you don`t have breakdown cover,there`s not much they can`t fix at a price you CAN afford.
    If you are going to breakdown anywhere Morocco is the place to do it.

9. vwalan

vwalan Funster

adac do have an office in agadir .and do in fact fly bits in if you need them. i have a mate who they flew some bits for his xt 500 yamaha and that was only his second means of transport. i wouldnt worry you can always get a tow ,its maroc use string or anything nobody is going to care . enough europeans with trucks down there coming back towing a camper is no probs . share the diesel job done. or get it fixed lots save the jobsto be done to get them fixed in maroc .resprays a speciality down there.