Free Member
Feb 16, 2013
Lampeter
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, we're off to France for a fortnight next Saturday and looking for some guidance on some good, (cheap), breakdown cover. This will be our only trip abroad his year. Any advice welcomed. Thanks, Dai:Confused:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Check with your insurers Dia.

You may already have cover, or you may already have UK cover, which they may extend to European, for a small premium. Other than that, it means taking out an annual policy or membership.

Good luck with the search. :thumb:

Jock.

OP
OP
D

Dai Howells

Free Member
Feb 16, 2013
Lampeter
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
I'm a newbie
We have insurance with Comfort but apparently can only have breakdown cover in Europe if we'd done it when we took out the cover. We have breakdown cover in this country with Green Flag, who can provide European cover through Red Pennant for £133 which seems a bit pricey

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Try a search on here for ADAC, german company and apparently very good and their cover is for you, not the van, so your covered even in your car:thumb: I think it costs about £90

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
We have insurance with Comfort but apparently can only have breakdown cover in Europe if we'd done it when we took out the cover. We have breakdown cover in this country with Green Flag, who can provide European cover through Red Pennant for £133 which seems a bit pricey
It does seem pricey, especially for your needs Dia, however, having been the victims of European breakdown, as well as from an accident, it will be money considered well spent, if you are unlucky enough to use the service.

We too are with Comfort, and would have paid their extra European cover premium, had we not already been covered through Britannia Rescue, via the CSMA. Their service was door to door. From the hotel steps in Touluse, to our front door in North Cambs, took only six hours. :thumb: Obviously the MH was repatriated at a later date.

Try Budget Insurance, who do monthly premiums.

Cheers,

Jock.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Try a search on here for ADAC, german company and apparently very good and their cover is for you, not the van, so your covered even in your car:thumb: I think it costs about £90
Outside of Germany, their recovery costs max out at £200. We've also been a victim of that one, at Narbonne Plage, on the way to Spain April 2012. Rita and I had to shell out another £500 to be recovered to a Fiat garage for repair.

This brings the £133 that Dia has been quoted, into perspective. :winky:

Cheers,

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back