Breadmaking - I need a 'kneading' machine! (1 Viewer)

Brian_K

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Durham
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
This forum has a lot to answer for. First loaf from my new Panasonic bread maker, very happy (y)

Bread%202_zpsnbnsf67x.jpg

Brian

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Anyone tried the silverline unit from lidl, comes with dough hook.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Alpha

Free Member
Feb 7, 2016
San Fransisco
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Our great grandmothers put on all the bread recipes to knead the bread first time for an hour by the clock!! They were correct and had very fine breads where we get lazy and don't work the dough that long and have crumbly crumby breads.
I love a bread machine, but it doesn't allow me to get all my aggressions out like hand kneading does.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Our great grandmothers put on all the bread recipes to knead the bread first time for an hour by the clock!! They were correct and had very fine breads where we get lazy and don't work the dough that long and have crumbly crumby breads.

If you knead the dough for that long the gluten structure will fail and become sticky and the bread will resemble playdoh!

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I love a bread machine, but it doesn't allow me to get all my aggressions out like hand kneading does.
If you knead the dough for that long the gluten structure will fail and become sticky and the bread will resemble playdoh!
I suspect that great grandmothers then were trying to keep the little ones quiet for an hour so they could have some peace!!! :D

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Next question then, does it knead successfully?

Edit: Oops, I didn't read the whole of Minxys post :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back