Bread! in a Crock Pot! haha..... (1 Viewer)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
100_8050.JPG
100_8052.JPG

Last edited:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
@chockswahay

I think I may well do so..... or at least take the mix with me so that I am not in a panic if the area we are in is not coeliac aware. We had to make tracks out of the Shropshire / Hay-on-Wye area as there was so little food available for me - both in restaurants and in food shops. Lots of wholemeal and healthy food outlets but that's not the same as i had to explain over and over :(

I am also going to experiment with other flour mixes.

It tastes okay. A bit like crumpets! Gluten free bread rarely browns well so I was pleased with the crusty type bit on the sides.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I've put the dough that was in the fridge into the slow cooker, after leaving at room temperature for a couple of hours. It doesn't look like it has risen much, if at all though :(

Mind I have made the Christmas cake and some cupcakes which I will decorate tomorrow and take to the village pre-Christmas party.

I just found out that the little girl next door (who has learning difficulties) calls me Mrs Cupcake Witch because at Halloween I make cupcakes for the guisers and wear a witch hat when I answer the door!

Reactions: GJH

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Well here is the photo of the second "loaf". A much lighter texture.

100_8070.JPG Now I know it works and is edible I will be trying different flour mixes.

I got a kindle book with low-carb gf bread recipes but it is American and the ingredients aren't cheaply available here :(

One of the recipes calls for coconut flour - I looked at the Holland and Barrett website where it says cocnut flour is gluten-free and then says that their offering may be contaminated with gluten. That's a no then.

I checked to see if I could just grind up desiccated coconut and substitute that for the flour but apparently not as coconut flour is the ground up remains of the coconut after the milk and fat has been extracted. Desiccated coconut still contains too much fat to enable grinding. :(

Almond flour I can use ground almonds although they are a bit coarse (I suppose they must tell rude jokes :xThumb:).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Well @Puddleduck I originally posted this thread as a bit of a 'giggle' ............. however it looks as if between us we may have stumbled across an effective way to make GF bread rise (y)

Well done :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back