A9ANL

Free Member
May 30, 2014
hindhead
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Hello. I am looking to buy a motorhome within the next couple of months. Fixed bed, low millage , low profile, mint condition price around 27 - 30 k

Are there any brands I should stay away from or any brands which are very good.

Many thanks

Jsn

sadlonelygit

Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
forest of dean
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
since 1975
tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
I think it is more a case of which dealers to avoid. Browse through some of the many posts going back over several years and you will get the picture.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
You pays your money and takes your choice. Every brand has its advocates on this site. Personally I would look for continental makers rather than British ones, whose reputation for quality has taken a bit of a battering over the last few years (Swift Konleaky and Autotrail woes for example).

But the better the brand the higher the price. You will probably have to pay more than your budget for a good condition low mileage 10 year old example of a top class brand (Carthago, Niesmann + Bischoff, etc). And they are £80k plus to buy new now.

Personally I think the Adrias (2007 to 2010 ish) offer a good mix of build quality and price, but then I would say that wouldn't I, because I own one. Not so impressed with the newer ones though. We looked at them at a recent show and decided that we preferred our 2008 model.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
As your in Hindhead, a quick trip down to us and have a chat to Andy or Paul would not go amiss:thumb:

Leaving home around 10am you will miss the snarl ups on the M25 etc

Good luck

Peter

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to MotorhomeFun :welcomefunster: as already said a lot is to do with the dealership you use for the after sales service, if you check through the threads you would find that John Cross come highly recommended.

Good luck with your search.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
There are loads of different makes of Mh out there,the important thing is the layout,choose one that's best for you.
I wonder how many people buy a fully winterised European van at a premium,yet never use it in a harsh winter or on the continent.Ive got a British van and it's great does exactly what I've bought it for::bigsmile:
If I had to buy a European van it would be a Euramobil,without a fixed bed as I'm not old yet and prefer useable space!
Although many dealers offer a warranty you can buy one of those yourself through various companies ,the savings from buying private can run into the thousands!:Eeek:

Vlad

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Agree with all the above. The dealer is the most important thing and the layout to suit you.
Too far from the dealer endless miles to do for any problems to be fixed. Read all the posts here but a dealer near you is invaluable. John's cross seems to get full marks for service here.

Layout is the thing. Do you do a lot of cooking need full oven gas? or just microwave and hob? do you need workspace for meal prep and washing up - adrainer or not?

Do you mind makking up the bed everynight when you've had a bit too much to drink? What about a pull down bed.

Do you spend a lot of time in GB and need space inside when it rains ( or snows in winter?). Or will you be abroad in the summer sun and live outside most of the time.

Do you take a lot of clothes and books or are you minimalist? How much storage do you need?( always more than you think!)
best of luck in your search
Lucille

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back