Brands Match

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Big bus man, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Big bus man

Big bus man

I was on site a couple of months ago where I heard the owner of a Chausson brand MH tell his spouse he had spotted another Chausson on site and was going over to have a chat. That's great, very friendly but does beg the question.....Are some Motorhome owners brand fixated and perhaps look down on lesser models.

I do understand there are vast differences in quality and layouts between brands, when I was looking for a MH I viewed a dealership on the South Coast where you get to look round the vehicle without supervision, most are as they arrived from previous owners or auctions, dirty with bits falling off, even some of the newer models! I guess Chausson must be one of the better brands.

2. DanielFord

DanielFord Funster

Of course we are, we all know that the brand we bought is the best :D

• Like Like x 2
  3. Big bus man

Big bus man

So the age is not important it's what is written on the side that counts :confused:

4. Speve

Speve Funster

No it's what's in them and how well it's put together it's usually the same old story you get what you pay for although there are some really nice ones out there that their owners have improved enormously.
    We buy what we like and what layout etc suits us could be any brand as long as it's good quality.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DanielFord

DanielFord Funster

Exactly, and we all know that the one that we ultimately bought is the best, just in case some people haven't spotted it, I am of course joking! :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. peter marshall

peter marshall

We have had a Chausson good MH, and two Bessie's both good MH's it's just what fits at the time. Pete

7. davidbaldam

davidbaldam Funster

We have a Laika and once on a site I spotted another one, so off I trot to say hello, then I couldn't get away, so be careful just because some one has the same make of van as you it doesn't mean their not boring. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

• Like Like x 4
  8. Mattyjwr

Mattyjwr Funster Life Member

Maybe they were looking out for another Chausson because they had some manufacturer specific queries. I look out for other La Strada PVCs as I have a couple of questions that that would be answered more effectively "in the flesh" rather than online.

We are also aware that ownership of the same model / manufacturer is no indication of how well you'll get on. We've had our camper van for nearly 10 years and have been blanked nearly as often as we've been welcomed when initiating conversations about them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GeebeeJaybee

GeebeeJaybee

We have a SeA (well for another week anyway) and have yet to see another!

No problems with it - its been great - only changing for different layout.

10. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

a simple explanation (with pictures:))

• Like Like x 5
  11. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

Often find other Hymer owners are more inclined to have a chat with us, had one last week came up to us just as we were about to drive off, 2 hours later we got away. A couple of years ago in the Caen Museum car park during D Day week group of Italians having cheese & wine we we invited to join there was a Brit Hymer owner they cooked us dinner in their van.
    When I have tried to have a conversation with AT or Swift owners they are not interested, as much as they can do to grunt hello, must recognise us Hymerites as superior beings.:)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Big bus man

Big bus man

Hymerites.....like it!! maybe a new thread here, Swifties; Hobbiests; Autotrailers etc.

13. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Oh please AT Swift, why would you talk to plebs when you own a Hymer.
    You own a Hymer which means you have good taste and an eye for quality don't lower your standards now Please.

Only joking Only joking don't start.