Brake down in france

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by david price, May 31, 2009.

1. david price

david price Read Only Funster

Picked motorhome up on Friday afternoon after clutch went in france end of march.
    Still got a battle with fiat about the £710 i have had to pay.Speaking to tradeing standards who at first dident really want to know but are now interested in case and also a motor trade organization recommended on a previous thread.
    Fitted new clutch,flywheel and master clutch cylinder which was found to be leaking and actuator.Not a mechanic but i feel very hard done by with only 11000 miles on the clock.
    Fiat warranty are a waste of time and fiat customer care reckon they have paid about £600 to cover parts.
    I asked the garage for the old parts and they said they no longer had them after me asking for them to keep them so i could get them independantly checked if need be.I guess they where following fiats instructions.
    Reverse judder does not seem so bad but have yet to find time to check properly.
    I guess i have a long battle with fiat,something i could do without right now but not the sort to give without a fight.
    Dave

2. david price

david price Read Only Funster

Just sent an e mail to dom littlewood of the one show,also e mailed watchdog a while ago but no look there.
    Dave

3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Excellent - don't let them get away with it.