Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Just collected the new toad, so now looking for a new towing system, any one use the Brake Buddy System ?:Smile:
I used a Brake Buddy about 5-6 years ago for about 2 years.

It was bought new from TOWTAL in Stoke-on-Trent , its an impressive piece of kit although pricey .

For my use then a 2005 Fiat Panda it was not perfect due to the brake pedal size on the car and the bracket on the brake Buddy unit , for whatever reason and much fettling I could never get the bracket to stay firmly gripping the pedal. What this resulted in was many a journey competed with No braking at all because the two had parted company!!!!!

Overall I would rate this as an excellent product in the right application - check though that your brake pedal is suitable largish size . If you are considering one try it properly on your toad before you commit a lot of money BUT more importantly will the unit stay on your pedal .

Alan

OP
OP
Geoffers

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

It was bought new from TOWTAL in Stoke-on-Trent , its an impressive piece of kit although pricey .

For my use then a 2005 Fiat Panda it was not perfect due to the brake pedal size on the car and the bracket on the brake Buddy unit , for whatever reason and much fettling I could never get the bracket to stay firmly gripping the pedal. What this resulted in was many a journey competed with No braking at all because the two had parted company!!!!

Might have to give that one a miss cause our new toad is a Panda. I had a Chris Cox frame on the old panda and Chris wants £320 +vat to refit the new car so as to use the old frame, Thought was if it all goes t-ts up in 2014, then I could replace the brake cable with a Buddy (about £450 from USA) or do I scrap the old frame and go to Smart tow and pay £1450. Mmmmmmmm:Sad::Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002

For my use then a 2005 Fiat Panda it was not perfect due to the brake pedal size on the car and the bracket on the brake Buddy unit , for whatever reason and much fettling I could never get the bracket to stay firmly gripping the pedal. What this resulted in was many a journey competed with No braking at all because the two had parted company!!!!

Might have to give that one a miss cause our new toad is a Panda. I had a Chris Cox frame on the old panda and Chris wants £320 +vat to refit the new car so as to use the old frame, Thought was if it all goes t-ts up in 2014, then I could replace the brake cable with a Buddy (about £450 from USA) or do I scrap the old frame and go to Smart tow and pay £1450. Mmmmmmmm:Sad::Sad:
Or a trailer !!!! If I had stuck with toads this would have been my move - safer and no problems abroad . From the toad we went to motorcycles on a trailer. For the last 3 years we have been using electric bikes and this for us has been a super move.

Alan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back