Brainstorm a pre purchase checklist

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jim, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I have started to produce a comprehensive, tick the box style checklist that members can use when they purchase a motorhome either privately or from a dealer its pretty basic at present but I am sure that you guys will be able to add to it. Rather than show you what I have already included I would like to start with a clean sheet so as not to stifle anyones thinking. The final checklist will be produced as a download for members

Most of us have purchased a motorhome and then got home and wished they had asked a particular question or checked something was working. Buying and collecting is an exciting time and a checklist is a good thing to keep the purchaser focussed and get answers to vital questions. Not doing an HPI check can be devastating, and not asking about service history could cost you.

So what things should be on the check list, precautions, things to look for and check etc ,

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

bumbity bump:Wink:

3. artona

artona

1) Take along a damp meter and check thoroughly

stew

4. Snelly

Snelly Deleted User

Check EVERYTHING works...!!

How many times do we buy something without checking stuff like the water heater etc, only to find its buggered and costs ££££ to put right.

5. Lindy-C

Lindy-C Deleted User

6. Tony Santara

Tony Santara Funster

Number one DAMP/INGRESS check priority
    the rest can be worked on fairly easily

7. kands

kands Read Only Funster

Jim
    This a terrific idea and may I make a small suggestionette?:BigGrin:
    Can you put up a spreadsheet type of thingy and let people fill in some boxes for you, that way the work is not duplicated and stuff gets entered as people think of it.
    I have made a start but I am unable to upload an Excel file (it is not one of the allowed file catagories). If someone can allow Excel files that I will happily upload what I have started to see if it is helpful or not...

Keith

8. Tony Santara

Tony Santara Funster

Jim it would handy if we could do it like a poll from a list of things to check so it could be prioritiesed does this make sense ?

9. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi Tony,

What I will do is type my list up, add everything that is mentioned on this thread and then turn it in to an image and attach it so everyone can see it and know where we are. We will then let it run a while to ensure we don't forget anything. Good stuff so far:BigGrin:

10. kands

kands Read Only Funster

Hi Jim
    If you look above Tony's post I have said that I have already made an Excel file that has taken me a while to create but I cannot upload it as the site will not accept Excel files as valid upload docs....
    If you can enable that function then I am happy to upload it and we can have a look to see if it is useful?

Keith

11. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Yes I saw it mate, but its beyond me, if you email it to me, I will, should, hopefully :Err: be able to embed a spreadsheet into a seperate page on the website and then link to it, but can't get them inside the actual forum pages, thats graphic imports only as far as I can tell.

12. kands

kands Read Only Funster

Incoming :BigGrin::BigGrin:

Keith

13. artona

artona

Hi Jim and Keith

Until you find a way around uploading an excel file you can create your excel file and then copy the cells and paste into a word document.

If you increase the file size MHFun allows a word doc file to be then you will be able to upload this file

stew