BP Light and Calor Propane bottles (1 Viewer)

steles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
Our new van has a LPG tank, so we have a 10kg BP Light and 6kg Calor Propane Gas Bottles, both just under half full to dispose of.
Any ideas where or how we can get rid of them along with all the connectors etc?

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
take em to a meet someone will have them off you:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
Does your local paper have a supliment for sales up to a fixed ammount ? if so try that it's usually free, our local does up to a £100 for a free add. Pete :thumb:

OP
OP
steles

steles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
thanks, Terry and Aba, for suggestions.
not really sure how much they're worth. always seems to cost an arm and a leg to buy bottles in the first place but don't know what secondhand value they have. anyone got any idea?:Smile:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
well i dont know about the bp one but a 6 kg calor bottle refill is around £20.00
if you have the rental agreement from calor you can return it to them and get something back although i doubt it will amount to much

the real problem is you are not allowed to sell the cylinders as they are not yours to sell they still belong to calor and BP so work out the value of gas and sell them at that price.

gas prices at the moment seem to vary from around 70p per litre to nearly a quid depending on where you are.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
It's about £25 deposit plus gas (regulators vary from £5-) but I have yet to meet anyone who has got it back ::bigsmile: Anyone needing a bottle will have to pay deposit plus gas so around 40 quid -I WOULD HAVE HAD THEM FOR SPARES sorry caps :winky:but it would cost too much in fuel to get them-If you are going up the A1 anytime I am about 6/7 mins off the Barnsley turn off ::bigsmile:
terry

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I had two spare ones and offered them on here and dropped them at a meet, trying to sell is a pain:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:good luck anyway

OP
OP
steles

steles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
many thanks to all for comments and helpful suggestions. afraid we don't have free ads in our local papers, Peter, so will have to go down one of the other suggested routes.:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back