Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
e bay you can get normal propane (large male screw fitting. )dont know the bp fitting i have fittings for most other bottles collected over the years . must be possible bp do it. you have to keep a look outfor new fittings on your travels. i can fill camping ,calor ,spanish,german.calor butane. cheers alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
ebay item nos
either will do,with your see through bottle it is easy :thumb: just remember the 80% full rule
terry

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Thx Terry & all.
The BP bottles do not have screw threads, just a push down mechanism.
Are you convinced it will do the job? (just checking before I jump in)
Cheers

Hi
the ones Terry pointed out are for Propane bottles they won't do..

I haven't seen an adapter for a clip on bottle, not to say it doesn't exist, but it may be easier just to replace your bottles with Calor Propane ones.. you can sometimes pick them up at your local amenity site ..

jim

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Gaslow do all sorts of fittings to suit all sorts of bottles - if is comes out through them then it must go in as none of them seem to have a non return valve - maybe i'm to old but I am always a bit fussy about gas and filling non refillable containers always worried it will go

BANG:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::Eeek:

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
That was very reasonable,

In Colchester I pay 53p per lt .. so 10kg would cost ~ £10.60

I can't find the receipt just now, I have 51p at the back of my mind, that would be 12l. I remember thinking "half tank and we refilled ages ago". Filling station was in Banchory.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
its possible to get clip on connectors .not regulators i have one with the old screw on thread similar to french bottler .it was the old butane thread .i then have anothr adapter to the big propane thread . one day i,ll learn how to put up pics. might buy a digi camera . in france germany etc they dont use our bir propane thread just the same thread as our old butane. as far as filling bottles same routine as gaslow if you can count. alan

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Blade, I have not seen any clip on ones YET but I am sure it will only be a matter of time --sorry the ebay ones will not be any good for you
terry

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Try Link Removed product codes 01-1673 and 01-1673T both these are high pressure adaptors to fit BP gaslite the thread should screw on to UK standard Butane worth buying a bag or two of the spare sealing washers at the same time they do not last too long when being reused. The fitting clips on to the top of the cylinder and the lever opens the valve in the top of the bottle. Most caravan/motorhome outlets stock these now.

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I filled my Gaslow this morning for £7 (14 litres) in St Albans. Thats all we used in about 3 weeks with the fridge on all the time. Result

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back