Boxer Instrument Panel

Discussion in 'Base Chassis Section' started by Chrisy, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Chrisy

Chrisy Funster

Our last Boxer had 3 replacement panels in the first 18 months. Our present new Boxer with a totally different look panel has lasted 3 months and is visiting our Peugeot dealer next week for a new panel. Are we unlucky or is it a widespread problem?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Gellyneck

Gellyneck Funster Life Member

Widely know and experienced issue.
    Our 2013 Autotrail had it's 3rd one fitted a couple of weeks ago.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. golly

golly Funster

Just today I noticed when I switch cruise control on, ABS and water in fuel filter light illuminate. Booked into Peugeot dealer on Tuesday, ours is 2014 van.

4. Jamwitt

Jamwitt Funster Life Member

My fiat the same when cruise on ,when they change it does the speedo go back to 0

5. Gellyneck

Gellyneck Funster Life Member

They plug a machine into motorhome that stores the readings and some of the set-up which is then transferred back to the new unit so odometer reading remains same.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. golly

golly Funster

Had our 2014 boxer to the Peugeot dealer re the dreaded cruise control / instrument panel lights problem today. After convincing the mechanic that there was an actual problem :swear2: they finally said they would order a new instrument pod. I wait with bated breath :pray:

7. Chrisy

Chrisy Funster

Ours goes in tomorrow.

8. rickwiggans

rickwiggans Funster

Ours goes in tomorrow for its second new panel. Lots of repeats, according to our Fiat dealer

9. rickwiggans

rickwiggans Funster

As an addition to this , the service manager has just told us he can't understand why Fiat keep changing these, at £700 a time, since they haven't yet solved the problem. ANY units fitted are likely to be faulty. I had naively thought they'd fixed it, but that there were still a few rogue units in the system. It seems not. And it's not just Ducato/Boxers - it's across most of the the Fiat range. It's a scary that the appearance of warning lights will be put down to a faulty cluster. One of these days a light, for example a brake fail warning light will be for real, get ignored, and somebody will get killed. Worst case obviously, but possible.

10. arao99

arao99 Funster

My 2015 Fiat based motorhome has the same problem cruise control / instrument panel lights problem, I waiting for my dealer to get back to me parts on back order.

11. Dogeared

Dogeared Funster Life Member

A big thanks for these and other related posts. They helped to quickly identify the solution to the problem.

Our 2014 motorhome just 24 hours before our warranty was up started with the problem of warning lights coming on when we moved the cruise control switch to the on position.

Struggled to get it sorted within the warranty period, but the panel has now been replaced.

Allegedly the replacement pinnacle for the instrument panel is now immune from damp ingress problems that have been causing the faults,

Apparently it has happened in a lot of fiat, Peugeot, and other similar vehicles.

Any way shows the benefit of this forum.

Thanks for all the previous heads up