Boxer Cat Converter Security (1 Viewer)

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
After reading about the amount of Catylitic Converters being stolen for the purpose of 'weighing them in' for the precious metals within them had me thinking, is there an underbody detector that could be fitted to alarm if anybody crawled under the vehicle, I ask this question of any reader but specifically of Davenewell or Eddievanbitz who may, if one is not available develop one themselves (I have a Boxer and since reading of these incidents keep imagining I hear noises in the middle of the night)

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Clamps are available. It is a device that use high security cable and frame around the cat and chassis of the vehicle. Effectively tying it to the vehicle. The makers claim that portable grinder will take some effort to break the cables. I looked into supplying these a while ago.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Clamps are available. It is a device that use high security cable and frame around the cat and chassis of the vehicle. Effectively tying it to the vehicle. The makers claim that portable grinder will take some effort to break the cables. I looked into supplying these a while ago.
I think the claim was a "portable hand saw":winky:
a disc cutter will go trough any cable in seconds even hardend steel shackles at over £200 + a pop they are expensive,
I have also heard recomendations to fit snap off bolts to protect your cat, also next to useless
We have a tool in the Garage for cutting off exhausts it uses little wheels like a glass cutter mount around a chain, it is silent and would take less than 2 mins to cut your cat off either side of any security device, so they would steal that too:Doh:
Double pain:cry:
never be tempted to try and build a box of any sort, even a metal one around your cat it needs the heat to escape
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I bought one of these for my drive way, and it works superbly. The sensor fixes to a gate post and the alarm unit is battery portable and can be located anywhere in the house.

And has a high or low and off button.. for the chime..

Dont see why it could not be fitted on the chassis or some other place with a bit of inginuity. and the alarm unit in the M/H or if parked up at home taken indoors..
.......................................................................................................................

E - Bay

Wireless Security Driveway Yard Alert Chime or Alarm
.Item number: 270548944150

OP
OP
Gooney
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I bought one of these for my drive way, and it works superbly. The sensor fixes to a gate post and the alarm unit is battery portable and can be located anywhere in the house.

And has a high or low and off button.. for the chime..

Dont see why it could not be fitted on the chassis or some other place with a bit of inginuity. and the alarm unit in the M/H or if parked up at home taken indoors..
.......................................................................................................................

E - Bay

Wireless Security Driveway Yard Alert Chime or Alarm
.Item number: 270548944150

Thanks for that ...Mo, this is what I'm looking for, someting that is weatherproof but where the receiver will act as a relay and trigger some great big f... off alarm.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
The sort of prices ive seen quoted on other forums suggest that Fiat are fleecing you for about £900:Eeek::Eeek:
Any reputable supplier should be able supply a cat for as little:Doh: as £200-£300 inc vat for Diy fitting
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
The sort of prices ive seen quoted on other forums suggest that Fiat are fleecing you for about £900:Eeek::Eeek:
Any reputable supplier should be able supply a cat for as little:Doh: as £200-£300 inc vat for Diy fitting
Geo

We have to buy genuine parts for replacement on the new vans for obvious reasons, had 30 stolen in the last month.

Scroats wont get them now, we have taken them off!

Peter

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Thats so mean Peter how do you expect them to pay for that big fat wedding now?:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back