Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Delicate one this!:Blush:

Anybody know of a commercially produced bottie wipe that is safe to put into the toilet cassette? i.e. it will dissolve/break down.:Eeek:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Buy the cheapest non branded from any supermarket .. that's what we use.. :thumb:

they dissolve in your hand :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
"Me thinks there is too much inflamation"

You're using the wrong bog-roll, mate, but ot should go down well!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
sanitary wet wipes wont dissolve except through the natural decomposition process.

think about it.......if they did they'd come out the container/packet as a sludge !!!! THEY ARE ALREADY WET ! :RollEyes::Doh:

we use any toilet paper that comes to hand, so to speak :winky:, and have never had a 'blockage' problem with the cassette so i cant see a problem with medicated arse wipes.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Why put them down your loo?

Put em in a nappie bag, no difference between grown up or baby poo. :winky:

I would think they will take some time to dissolve so unless you want to KEEP the contents of your cassette ... :Eeek:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We empty our cassette mid afternoon and find the Tesco ones have dissolved or just about. We use the Green chemical. :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Why put them down your loo?

Put em in a nappie bag, no difference between grown up or baby poo. :winky:

I would think they will take some time to dissolve so unless you want to KEEP the contents of your cassette ... :Eeek:

Hah ! you have room for a nappy bag ?
we barely have room for a bog roll....:Sad:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Delicate one this!:Blush:

Anybody know of a commercially produced bottie wipe that is safe to put into the toilet cassette? i.e. it will dissolve/break down.:Eeek:

Go to B&Q - do the job properly. Get the worst off with 80s production paper and finish off with 800s wet and dry -- exhibition quality.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Macerators don't like bum/face wipes, as I found out when I first got mine :cry:

Olley

Wall-E

Free Member
Jan 21, 2009
Funster No
Toilet wipes

Hi Billkce,
After careful research and testing Mamia Baby Wipes from Aldi did the business for me. 80 in a pack with a self sealing lid. Much Much better than Tesco.
Wall-E.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
and whats wrong with good old plain bog paper like everyone else ????

if you wanna wash yer ass then stick the paper under a tap first. :ROFLMAO:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Buy the cheapest non branded from any supermarket .. that's what we use.. :thumb:

they dissolve in your hand :roflmto:

That would be Kentucky paper then....

.>

>

>

>

Finger-lickin good! Sorry about that!

Dave:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
If you empty on a morning straight after use the chemical has not had time to work. :Eeek:

But that depends when you go:Blush: mind you Ken bet you can manage more than 3 shredded wheat for breakfast:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
No need for wipes get yourself a motorhome bidet from reimo brilliant bit of kit every motorhome should have one. Just follows the instructions.:thumb:

1. Use the toilet first. The purpose of the bidet is to help clean off after toilet use. While some people believe that using a bidet is a hygienic substitute for toilet paper, many choose to use both. HI-3000 bidet toilot seat with wash dryer & heated seat from only £299.
  2. 2
    Straddle the bidet. On most standalone bidets you can either face the bidet's water controls or you can face away from them, as you would on a toilet. It is easier to control the flow and temperature of the water if you face the controls, but if you are wearing pants you will generally need to remove them in order to straddle the bidet in this manner. There are a variety of bidet designs, so the configuration of the jets and the area of your body that you wish to clean may dictate which way you need to face.
  3. Adjust the temperature and jet strengths for comfort. If the bidet has both hot and cold water controls, start by turning on the hot water. Once it's hot, add the cold water until you have a comfortable temperature. (In normally hot climates, such as the middle east, you should start with the cold water. The water will not need time to heat up and you may end up burning sensitive areas if you turn the hot water on first.)
    • Be very careful when turning on the water, as many bidets can produce a very high jet of water with only a slight turn of the control.
    • Be sure that you know where the water will be coming from ahead of time, or you could end up with a surprise shower.
    • You may find that you need to hold the control to keep the jets on.
  4. 4
    Position yourself over the water jets so that the jets hit the desired area. For some bidets you can continue to hover above the bidet or you can sit down on it. Note that most bidets don't have seats, but are still meant to be sat upon; you just sit directly on the rim. Some bidets do not have jets, but instead simply have a faucet that fills the basin, as you would fill a sink basin.
  5. 5
    Clean anal area and/or genitals. Generally, you simply allow the jets to clean the desired area without having to use your hands. If there are no jets, you will need to use your hands to assist in bathing. You can use soap if you want to, applying it just as you would in the shower.
  6. 6
    Dry your skin. Some bidets have a built-in air dryer that you can use. For others, simply pat dry with toilet paper. Many bidets have a towel on a ring positioned next to the bidet, but this is often intended for drying hands.
  7. 7
    Link Removed

Rinse out the bidet. Once you are off the bidet, run the jets at very low pressure for a few seconds to rinse the basin and keep the bidet fresh.
  8. 8
    Wash your hands with soap and water, as you would any time after using the toilet.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Trust me to get it all wrong. :Doh:

When I were a lad we only had cut up newspaper on a string, the Radio Times was considered the best, each page cut nicely into four sheets..

The toilet or bog was outside and shared with three other families, it had no light so we used a candle.. going out at night was a scary .. :Eeek:

How about this for a bad idea ...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back