Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
What a great weekend

Well I had a ball, it was a great weekend. It was Motorhome FUN. A great atmosphere prevailed for the whole weekend. We must do it again soon. Thank you. ::bigsmile:

The Link Removed, we are missing a few, as some had already left, and some were washing their hair!!

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
A boring weekend

It sounds like you all had a great weekend:roflmto::roflmto:

We had a very boring time watching the F1 GP. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Don

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Had a great weekend meeting up with friends old and new. Big thanks to Jim for providing the covered arena :roflmto: Great idea mate.
Thanks to all who attended and also to all those who worked so hard to make this a huge success.

Keith

steles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
Only just logged on, so a bit late adding comments, but it really was a lovely weekend despite the dodgy elecs. Well done and thanks to all who organised it, Suzy for the pots of coffee, and JimJam for the marquee which made all the difference, especially Fri in the rain:thumb:. Good to see old friends and meet new faces. Hope all those new to meets enjoyed themselves and felt included, and will be tempted to join in again.
Stephen and Lesley

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Well I had a ball, it was a great weekend. It was Motorhome FUN. A great atmosphere prevailed for the whole weekend. We must do it again soon. Thank you. ::bigsmile:

The Link Removed, we are missing a few, as some had already left, and some were washing their hair!!

Thank god I look JUST about normal for once in the piccy:Blush:

Just wondering what Bryan was thinking about though?:winky:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi John - You still there?

Bet its quiet now the rabble have left! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi all,

Sorry that we couldn't be there,:cry: but as we explained to Keith & Sharon, we will be off the road for some time, and as a result, Rita ended up working this Saturday, (but not for much longer hopefully :winky:).

Glad to see, and hear that the "Big Meet" went well. :Smile:

TTFN,

Jock & Rita. :Smile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Try not to make it any bigger when you leave John (like the Tugger with the volvo did):ROFLMAO:
Geo

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
hi evryone we had a great time at the openning bash so mutch beter than the one we wen't on the "dark side" evan got sue out to mix a bit one small step for man ect ect
a big thanks to tony and james for spending time with there heads in my engine it ran well on way home:thumb:
nice to put faces to names vans ect
once again thanks to all...it was a blast
dave, sue ::bigsmile:

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
What a Fantastic weekend! Sure, we had a bit of rain (and it was only a bit) and we had more reliable generators than the campsite did, but the meet was a HUGE success!

We got there early on Friday and were greeted by Colussus (Brian and Mary) and Dwite (David and son, also David) who were quick to say hello. Their motorhomes looked a little lost as they were the only 'Funsters' that had already arrived.

That quickly changed as more and more Funsters arrived and when JimJam and his crew arrived we set our minds to one task and one task only. Putting up the MotorhomeFun party tent.

Jim(instructions-are-for-idiots)Jam neatly laid out the tents constituent parts on the grass and, armed with the salesmansans patter of 'it takes 2 men 30 minutes to erect' set his team of volunteers to the task and assured us all that it would be up before you could say 'How difficult can it be, it's just a tent...'

Needless to say (but I will anyway) it took a lot more men, a lot longer to put up than we first expected. Luckily, Suzy kept everyone going with the caffeine infusion on the hour, every hour. (Did it REALLY take that long?)

At one point I became convinced that the tent had been made by the composer of the Hokey Cokey...

-You put the left side up!
-You put the left side down!
-Up, Down, Up, Down,
-You lay it on the ground.
-You put the fabric on and then you take it off,
-And start all over again! oh...

Eventually it did go up (oh, and thanks to all the ladies for watching throughout) and we were all very thankful. Not only did it give us somewhere to shelter from the light rain but it also gave us a focal point to gather at, which I know from personal experience, helps the members who have never been to a meet before as it can be a little daunting approching strangers at their motorhomes.

It was great to see all the familiar (to us) faces and to meet the new ones as well. I hope that the members that had never been to a meet before enjoyed themselves, I think you did. We are a pretty quiet, subdued bunch so I would like to thank you meet 'newbies' for bringing us out of our shells a little.

Whilst the meet was our 'Grand Opening Meet' no get-together would be complete without some of the 'usual' events...

Awning repair by Keith and George (KandS & Geo)
Motorhome electrickery investigations by Glenn (Tinaglenn)
Engine tinkering by, I think, Tony and James (WinniebagoTony & LC1962)
Horse rides by John (Road Runner) and his pair of thoroughbreds
Children falling in the lake
Chldren being left behind in a 'Home Alone' kind of way (Names ommitted to protect any blushes)
Impromptu recorder recital by Matthew (The Poor Relations)
Campsite pitch expansion undertaken by a tugger in his Volvo backing over a marker fence
RV Generator Tolerance testing by ...well, you know who you are :winky:

We met a very nice man, Stew, who was already on site in his little campervan(!) who has now joined MotorhomeFun and not only added his BBQ to the Saturday night get-together kitchen (and cooked!) but he also provided the heat for the tent in the form of a table-top patio heater. A few of us did manage a tour of his camper before we left site and all I can say is - '5* bungalow on wheels'.

Thanks to everybody for making this one of the best meets we have been on and I hope everyone had as good a time as us and we hope to see you all again soon!

Bryan & Suzy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Thanks to everybody for making this one of the best meets we have been on and I hope everyone had as good a time as us and we hope to see you all again soon!

Bryan & Suzy

Hi Bryan & Suzy
It was great to meet you both Jan's lookng forward to Morrocco even more now she's met a few people.
See you soon maybe NewYears not sure yet

Aug 23, 2007
Funster No
it was really nice to see you all even if sam was not with me.maybe next time she will be.i would like to thank you all for making rob and myself very welcome.sam missed a good meet as you are all lovely people.:roflmto:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
well i am still here having fun:winky:although it's just started raining:cry::cry:decided to head home on Wednesday:Doh:

Nice to see all the positive posts:thumb:

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Well done Kath, I had a feeling you would be having another go behind the wheel sooner rather than later. We knew you could do it :thumb: there was never any doubt ::bigsmile:

Tina

Kath says thank you Tina.
It was speaking to the lady drivers such as yourself that gave her the confidence to try again.:ROFLMAO:
I always had faith in her as she is quite a good car driver.
She just needed a push from someone other than me.:Doh:
Thanks again!:thumb:

TinaGlenn

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Near King's Lynn
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
It was speaking to the lady drivers such as yourself that gave her the confidence to try again.:ROFLMAO:

I think it was just realising she has got electric windows now, no more not being able to reach the winder :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What ever it was, it's good to know she gave it another go and got her confidence back.

Tina

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
I think it was just realising she has got electric windows now, no more not being able to reach the winder :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What ever it was, it's good to know she gave it another go and got her confidence back.

Tina

She doesn't know it yet, but she will be doing most of the driving from now:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I always had faith in her as she is quite a good car driver.
She just needed a push from someone other than me.:Doh:
Thanks again!:thumb:

Girl Power, well done Kath! ::bigsmile:

TinaGlenn

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Near King's Lynn
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
it was really nice to see you all even if sam was not with me.maybe next time she will be.i would like to thank you all for making rob and myself very welcome.sam missed a good meet as you are all lovely people.:roflmto:

I hope you remembered to tell her that we all talked to you :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and that she missed a great weekend, looking forward to seeing you BOTH at the next one

Tina

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back