Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Hi. Having read about using an aire,where do you get the tokens from when they require tokens to use them,and when it says.2euro for 20 minutes,what does that give you, I mean 20minutes of electric is not going to do much is is?.
As you can probably surmise we haven't used an Aire yet so can anyone enlighten me please SA I have read an earlier thread about Aires in France and might use them in the coming weeks on our trip toward Calais. We are at Chateu chinion at the moment, waiting for a part for my bike to arrive from thee UK,they say it usually takes around .4 or5daya to arrive.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Tokens for aires are available in most local shops, as for electric we have never bothered unles s it is free as we don't need it as we run on the batterie which charges as we travel. There are different tokens so buy locally to be sure of getting the right one.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hi. Having read about using an aire,where do you get the tokens from when they require tokens to use them,and when it says.2euro for 20 minutes,what does that give you, I mean 20minutes of electric is not going to do much is is?.
As you can probably surmise we haven't used an Aire yet so can anyone enlighten me please SA I have read an earlier thread about Aires in France and might use them in the coming weeks on our trip toward Calais. We are at Chateu chinion at the moment, waiting for a part for my bike to arrive from thee UK,they say it usually takes around .4 or5daya to arrive.

It will normally indicate where to get your 'Jeton' on the bourne. Many don't charge, or only for electric, you will have to see what the instructions are when you arrive. It normally tells you if there is a limit on time or in the case of water number of Ltrs.

Tourist information centers are used and local shops can also be used to issue them. I have even got them (or paid for use) in cafes and bars, and some take cards although I have never paid with a card.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I can assure you - normally it is quite idiot-proof!

Signed

An Idiot ........

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Mmm that means me then!!
I didnt even know what a Jeton was until you just said and put two and two together.
Have picked up a few French words being here by reading my phrasebook, just avoided a catastrophe, read that thon is tuna in French and Tez was going to order it !
He hates tuna!

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi . Don't do what I did first time, went the store ,decided to purchase jeton then thought better buy a few as away for three weeks , nobody told me that each village or aire uses a different type of jeton :Doh: so now I have several of one type (appears only suitable for that village ) don't make my mistake. Otherwise aires & bournes are very simple to use, just be confident ! :thumb: Terry

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Very much as already said,but quite often the Jetons can be purchased at the Marie.We usually get a couple each time-so now have a collection of various ones.
If you use a jeton for water,it's unlikely that you will actually need all you've paid for.ie €2 for 100ltrs and we only have an 80ltr tank-so do tell others that there may be water left ::bigsmile:
We're on our way on Tues,may see you.

Mike.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
On the Aire at Embry, the procedure was to use your plastic to buy some tokens and then use the tokens in the utilities post. No cash to steal I suppose :Smile:

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
We have stayed on Aires lots of times but never used the hook up as we have a solar panal

What I did see once , was that when someone had paid and hooked up, another motorhomer came along and stuck in a juntion point to thier lead and used it to power up there own motorhome.

Cheaky sod:Angry:

Aries are great, if you don,t like the one you first go to, or it is full, move on to the next, loads of them
In busy periods we try to get on by about 3pm

Enjoy
Chrisboyo:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
What I did see once , was that when someone had paid and hooked up, another motorhomer came along and stuck in a juntion point to thier lead and used it to power up there own motorhome.

Cheaky sod:Angry:
:

Many aires don't have enough EHU points so sharing is common practice and quite normal..
I've had three of four all 'spidered' off mine.. no big deal.. the French are not so 'precious' as we Brits.

PS

I thought this thread was about giving birth at an aire :ROFLMAO:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Mmm that means me then!!
I didnt even know what a Jeton was until you just said and put two and two together.
Have picked up a few French words being here by reading my phrasebook, just avoided a catastrophe, read that thon is tuna in French and Tez was going to order it !
He hates tuna!

On one of our travels to France we were browsing through a Hypermarket (to keep cool in their aircon) and we found what appeared to be a really nice looking chunky pate. Later on when back home we remembered this 'pate' and decided to have it on toast for supper. It tasted very nice until we got the French food dictionary out and found Tete du Lapin was rabbit brain in aspic.:Tongue1::Tongue1:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Tete is head, could be meat as opposed to offal you know, like Cow's cheek?

:ROFLMAO:

Lapin is nice even when it's called Rabbit (ie wherever you eat it) but I really really wish, same as birds, the French would take the heads off before presenting it for sale!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back