Bored Atlas (1 Viewer)

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
decided I needed some more reading material for the 'little room' in the house. So as we're off to Germany next year to watch the Solheim Cup what better than the Bord Atlas. Saw the postman struggling with a large padded envelope and inside was this massive publication. I think this is going to take some time but first impression is fantastic. Straightforward maps, brief description and lots of pictures. Worth the money? I'll let you know in about 5 years!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yup.. money well spent !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
From the thread title I thought you were already fed up with it;)
I did too Phil. :LOL:

A great reference to have aboard any MH. (y)
Jemhorn, have you downloaded the Bord Atlas Stellplatz POIs for your Sat Nav? They are a very handy addition too. (y)

Cheers,

Jock.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We have the atlas and the POI on satnav. It rescued us when Dolly Daydream (satnav not me) took us across the Rhine and then told us to do a U turn on the other side! We had put a stellplatz in Rudesheim in, so rather than do the U turn (paying another ferry charge) we looked up the nearest stellplatz on the satnav and found the beautiful Parkplatz Bingen-Gaulsheim. So well worth the money.

Attachments

• Parkplatz Bingen-Gaulsheim.JPG
    Parkplatz Bingen-Gaulsheim.JPG
    203.1 KB · Views: 21

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
Got the 2013 version, is it worth getting 2015 - is there much difference? Did use it loads this year and found some amazing places to stay.
This year (apart from skiing) most of our trips are Germany with a bit of Poland thrown in

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Got the 2013 version, is it worth getting 2015 - is there much difference? Did use it loads this year and found some amazing places to stay.
This year (apart from skiing) most of our trips are Germany with a bit of Poland thrown in
I tend to hang on to both the Bordatlas and the Aire de Services Camping Car guides for 3 - 5 years before renewing them.

Cheers for now,

Jock.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We used the 2014 version this summer in Germany. A great reference with easy to use tables of facilities for each site. Certainly worth the money. Would also suggest suggest taking a look on the Britstops website
http://www.britstops.com/britstops-friend.php

We joined Fatore Amico when we went to Italy and stopped on some great Vineyard and Farm sites.(free once your've paid your membership)

There is a German version too

Hope this helps

Regards
Robert

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Hey Cliff, looks like your SOG is working overtime in that picture :D
Brian, we stayed on a site about two and a half miles out from the old town in Heidelberg in September, right on the banks of the Neckar. It was a bit basic and could have done with a tidy up but it was the closest we could find and I would use it again. Managed to hit the beer festival when we were there, beer and bratwurst stalls everywhere and a different band on in each square.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back