Free Member
Dec 1, 2009
Anywhere in the UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Starting out fulltiming
::bigsmile: Morning all, it does not matter where I go in my Arapaho once I have retuned the tv most of the time I still get break up of picture, the aerial system is a Staus 550 which probably a lot of Autotrail users have and I have a 32 inch Freeview tv, anybody have any ideas to boost the signal or whatever, how can I possibly live without Emmerdale, Coronation street and Eastenders, suicide might be an option but would prefer to know if there is anything can be done for the picture. :cry:
kennygd

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Can't see the Status 550 on the Grade UK web site but they do have details of the 530 and 540, both of which apparently come with the Status Power Pack.

We have a Status 315 (flying saucer) aerial, together with Power Pack, which was already fitted to the van when we got it. At the Cheshire Showground 2 weeks ago we found that we got a better digital signal with the Power Pack turned off than when it was turned on.

We've had similar experiences with analogue signals elsewhere as well. It seems that sometimes a booster can boost too much.

Graham

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Daft question maybe, is the boost amp switched on, try a normal set top aerial and see if there is any difference

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
I struggled with a Status ariel for the first few months we had our van. I too didnt realise there was an amplifier but it still didnt make that much difference. In the end I splashed out on a Camos Dome (about £1300 I think) which has been superb, works all over Europe and takes seconds to switch on. I know its a lot of money but we use the van a lot and in winter so its been worth it for us.

How do you find the Arapaho by the way? I was fancying one of them when I eventually get around to trading in the Kontiki but you just dont see that many about.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
How do you find the Arapaho by the way? I was fancying one of them when I eventually get around to trading in the Kontiki but you just dont see that many about.

Hi Barry,

You should have looked on my website, had a fanatstic one in stock, automatic as well, now sold:thumb:

I do get hold of some very nice vans:Smile:

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back