Boomers

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by johnandsue, Sep 6, 2014.

1. johnandsue

johnandsue Funster

Thinking of going to Norfolk Broads after Lincoln but just seen Boomers on the TV and didn't get the greatest impressions of the area, is it worth a visit and if so where are the best places?

2. PP Bear

PP Bear Funster Life Member

I used BritStops to tour around Norfolk and they were brilliant, especially the one in Caister :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

The Norfolk broads are flat and on the whole boring unless you see them from a boat so why not park the motorhome and hire one for a week.

• Like Like x 1
  4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

The North Norfolk heritage coast is worth a tour..Cromer and Sheringham worth visiting.. there is a steam railway that runs along the coast . http://www.nnrailway.co.uk/

As mention by Roger, the broads are best seen from a boat, but for a week, that can be very expensive .. We hired a day boat at Beccles and had a trip down to Outon broad.

Beccles is a nice town with a large FREE car park next to the river.. plenty of space for motorhomes.. don't know if they allow overnight .. but no signs saying otherwise.. it's a good place to put a canoe or kayak in. GPS 52.464469,1.566575

Street View

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Zains Pops

Zains Pops Funster

We like North Norfolk, try the c&cc site at Sandringham.....highly recommended as is a visit to the house and gardens very good even if your a closet republican.
    By the way I read somewhere that Boomers was filmed in Herne Bay in Kent.
    All a bit weird why not use the place where the show is meant to be?? Maybe Hunstanton is too far from London for the BBC lovvies.

6. Ranger

Ranger Funster

Filmed in Herne Bay apparently because it was cheaper to film there. Norfolk people not very happy about that.

7. Rapido925M

Rapido925M Funster

A wide range of wonderful things, apart from mountains and fast-flowing rivers! ;)

We moved here 27y ago and there are still places which we haven't visited. Beaches tend to be large and empty (but parking can be difficult, and few places have good sea-views [except Hunstanton!!]). Hills around Sheringham will provide exercise for the fittest and a chance to use low gears if you want that sort of thing. The Broads are flat (but you knew that) but travelling 8 miles on the A47 between Acle and Gt Yarmouth (beware overtaking problems) can be very atmospheric if mist is sitting on the water-meadows.

Some excellent museums probably make it worthwhile buying a Norfolk Museums Pass, if you are into that aspect of culture. National Trust properties are superb. WWII air fields may be of interest to you, and few villages do not have some link to this time. There are also a variety of mills, some of which are accessible.

The Golden Mile at Yarmouth is starting to wind down, so will appear dowdy and depressive, especially if the sun aint shining.

I did produce a small guide to my adopted county, suggesting places of interest and giving some MH tips, but I don't know where it is and I'm busy at the moment. IF you would like a copy, PM me and I'll try to find it for you - Gordon

8. phase3begins

phase3begins Read Only Funster

What are boomers?
    I know that is what the US Navy call missile boats but hope they are not cruising the Broads.

9. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Baby Boomers.. those born after World war 2 up to 1964 .. so called due to the boom in births ..

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ed Excel

Ed Excel Funster

Quite a few CL/CSs, if you're a club member, around Theddlethorpe. Theddlethorpe Dunes in walking distance.

11. Softlips

Softlips Read Only Funster

If you're into bird watching at all there are some fantastic reserves in Norfolk.

12. johnandsue

johnandsue Funster

Thanks to all

13. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

The Norfolk and Suffolk coast is fantastic, with countless great sites and lots of places to wild if that is your thing.
    There are also some wonderful places to visit, from Steam displays to .. well all sorts really !
    There is even a genuine 'work house' that is well worth a gawp at ( especially if you tag on to one of the free guided tours ! )

14. My Dog Likes Fishing

My Dog Likes Fishing Funster Life Member

On a CL now Peacock Hall in Paston. Lovely area and the weather this week has been good to us. Went for a good walk on Horsey beach to look at the seals today and then drove round lots of small well kept villages that are just a pleasure to drive through. Lovely area with lots to look at. We live in hilly Lancashire so makes a change to be in the flats.

15. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Do I detect yet another amateur radio licencee !! ??

16. My Dog Likes Fishing

My Dog Likes Fishing Funster Life Member

Sorry not me.............. Never owned a pub!

17. busby

busby Funster

Area around Wells next to The Sea is lovely. Great beaches, excellent cycling on back lanes and lots of C L s...BUSBY:):):)