Bookmarking the 'Recent Posts' page ? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
This has me stumped.. must be having a senile day

I use the Recent Post page as a bookmark, I have it on the browser bookmarks bar..

So far so good.. but when you use it, it doesn't update to the latest posts..

so how do you get a bookmark for Recent Posts that goes to the latest 'live' page ?

I know you can bookmark the Home page and the old site Home page, or any other page for that matter.. but I don't want that, I want to bookmark and open the Recent Posts page with the latest posts.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Seems ok to me Jim but if it just needs a refresh then clicking on the Fun flag top left updates the page.
EDIT yes I have to agee my bookmark does not bring up the latest posts but the flag does correct it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Seems ok to me Jim but if it just needs a refresh then clicking on the Fun flag top left updates the page.
EDIT yes I have to agee my bookmark does not bring up the latest posts but the flag does correct it.

yes, indeed it does..

but I also use it when I get to the bottom of a long thread to go back to the Recent Posts .. which of course it doesn't.. doh .. so that means two clicks ..

I've tried this before on this and other sites, it does not update. But maybe you can add
http://www.myrefresher.com/
google "auto refresh a saved page", comes up with options for different browsers.

will try that Roger.. cheers

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
OK, every time you click Recent posts you get a unique URL which shows you a custom personalised time-stamped recent posts page. Bookmarking that page will take you back to that custom page and your recent posts will be old.

However if you bookmark this link: Broken Link Removed you will always get a fresh recent posts page. However DONT CLICK ON THIS LINK AND THEN BOOK MARK IT. Rather, copy it and paste it into your bookmarks as is (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back