booking the tunnel

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by annadg, Apr 17, 2013.

1. annadg

annadg Read Only Funster

Help ! I am giving the usual multiple choice questions for booking ... but what do we classify as - mortorhome isn't one of them. Just campervan ... is that correct ? I put campervan ? They don't seem to want the length or anything !

So - is that what I do ?

2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

I think that having entered campervan another menu opens for height and maybe length. I can't remember any more after all it was 12 months ago I last went, a whole lifetime ago.:Rofl1:

3. Geordie and the Dragon

Geordie and the Dragon Funster

Don't worry length not an issue, only need to know whether you have a trailer
    remember to turn your gas off at the bottle before you go through passport check, have a good holiday enjoy ! :thumb:

4. Electraglide

Electraglide Funster

That is it, they only ask if you are over a certain height. i think it states somewhere that you must be under 3500kgs, but i have only ever had the gas bottles checked, never the weight.

5. WAG2CRU

WAG2CRU Read Only Funster

I believe that the system assumes a Campervan is a high vehicle, length is not an issue, the under 3500kg limit on the passenger service is only for vans not motorhomes or campervans. Vans over 3500kg have to travel on the freight service.

Vehicles using LPG for propulsion even as a secondary fuel are not permitted to travel.

If in doubt, give them a call, I have always found their customer service centre very helpful.

Have a good trip.

6. june123

june123 Read Only Funster

I've just been asking for a quote for the tunnel and I called myself a campervan. Later on I had to give name and model, length and height etc. But it seemed vey straightforward and £80 one way was about average. (Don't know about return as I didn't want one.)

7. SueandDave

SueandDave Read Only Funster

Eurotunnel don't seem to mind about length as they will probably load you last and put you in a separate closed off compartment anyway, as we "dangerously" carry LPG. That means there is room for very long vehicles like coaches etc.