Booked my hols!!

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by DesRes, Jan 6, 2013.

1. DesRes

DesRes Funster

Not as exotic as some funsters travels but I'm suddenly enthusiastic nevertheless, plus I'm getting my fair share of "exotic" with work. Mundane will be quite welcome...:Laughing:
    It's my Daughter's "O" level year so the family's life seems to be on hold whilst we get through this year. The last half term holiday we had the books went with us and we had a happy time doing Physics and Chemistry for a couple of wet days in...:thumb:
    I'll be home from work by mid/late March so have booked at two sites for after the Easter weekend:
    Four nights at the CC site at Borrowdale up by Dewentwater in the Lake District.
    Five nights for the following week at the CC Crystal Palace site in London.
    Anyone any experiences good, bad or indifferent?:Cool:

2. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Have fun:thumb:

My only comment is that the Camping and Caravan Club site at Chertsey is a better bet than Crystal Pallace.

3. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi
    We have done both sites ,Borrowdale
    once , nice clean site, but a bit out of the way, don't be tempted to take your van down to the lake it,s narrow with no passing places, not to far to walk on a nice day, some nice places to visit in the van, also no toilet block there so van only, Crystal Palace nice site number 3 bus straight in to London Centre, good toilet block, we have been there twice and will go again soon, enjoy.

Pete :thumb:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  4. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi Desres

Looks like we are in the same boat if you pardon the pun :Rofl1::Rofl1:.
    Sophie is also doing some exams this may and has asked that we don't go away for to long so she can attend study school. We have booked into the Chester food and drink festival weekend and then a few days localish so might even make the lakes and can join you for a run while the kids study :Rofl1::Rofl1:

Gerry

• Like Like x 1
  5. buttons

buttons Funster

Could be looking at another motorhome later this year, apart from that we will be meeting my son in LA staying with my cousin for a week then flying back to his place in New York for a week. Sound like a cheep skate I know but not the case.
    We have also booked a villa in Majorca for a week with some friends for a bit of early sunshine. Beside this, my son is still here for another couple of weeks which seems like a holiday too.
    I wouldn't mind a week in Cyprus and whatever else turns up. :Cool:
    Just for now I'm wearing my winter clothes and enjoying the inclement winter weather. Never could understand looking for winter sun. Why do people do that you miss so much.:Wink:

6. peter marshall

peter marshall

Never could understand looking for winter sun. Why do people do that you miss so much.:Wink:

Yep
    Snow, Rain, Cold, A bit of sun on your bones and you feel a lot better. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  7. buttons

buttons Funster

Oppps.....forgot not all members live in the warm agreeable weather of south east. Must be hell north of Birmingham.:Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  8. peter marshall

peter marshall

I see you have reduced the cold spot from north of Watford . :Wink::Wink:

9. buttons

buttons Funster

Globule warming is having an effect. Give it a few more years and you too will be staying here enjoying the warm winter sun. Save a fortune on travelling south. Did you know we are already getting no end of shots coming up through the soil.:Wink:

10. injebreck99

injebreck99 Funster

We have booked a week in Benamadena in a hotel in February , our wedding anniversary trip, then my wife finally retires from 32 years at Sainsburys, then off to Alaska/Canada for all the month of June, after that as many trips away in the M/H as we can fit in.:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Campercaillie

Campercaillie Read Only Funster

Not too long now and we're away to snap us some tigers! Off to the tiger parks of India. Meeting big beasties in their natural habitat - you just can't beat it!

• Like Like x 2
  12. 1948

1948 Read Only Funster

Five nights for the following week at the CC Crystal Palace site in London.
    [/QUOTE]

DesRes
    above site in the LEZ do check your MH is compliance,
    best regards

• Like Like x 1
  13. DesRes

DesRes Funster

Thanks for the replies folks.
    @ Peter: That's really useful, good to have some positive feedback. I see you're in Cleethorpes. I'm up that way kitesurfing occasionally, when the conditions are right. We launch at Rossall or at "The Wreck" near Bispham.
    @ Gerry: :Laughing:Well I'll be on my taper for Blackpool Marathon that week. We'll be having the four days in the Lakes, heading home Saturday, racing on Sunday 7th.
    It's my Missus' 50th on the Monday then we'll skoot to London the next day.

Cheers, Andy:thumb:

14. DesRes

DesRes Funster

Thanks 1948. Yes we're fine, Euro IV Tranny as per my avatar. It's just that reason why we've not been down that way for a few years. My last van was a T reg so became out of favour...:Sad:

15. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi Andy haven't booked yet but was thinking of doing the B/Pool half as part of my training for the Edinburgh marathon and as its Lorraine's birthday and our anniversary that weekend thought we would get away for a night or two. So if I do decide to do it I will let you know and possibly meet up before or after.

Cheers Gerry

16. DesRes

DesRes Funster

Sounds like a plan Gerry, yes, would be great to meet up. Would you be coming down in the motorhome?
    I've got my place for the race, booked a few weeks ago. I did Edinburgh Marathon in 2011. Really enjoyed it apart from the poor organization at the end. That's probably all changed by now though.:thumb:

17. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi
    You got the coast right but its Cleveleys, up the coast from Bispham, good luck in the race etc, we are away until July so when is the race on. Pete :thumb:

18. peter marshall

peter marshall

Good idea but I think I will be dust by then, I don't like the cold I have already told my lot I want to be cremated. Pete :thumb::thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  19. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi Andy
    If i entered the race then yes we would be in the motorhome hopefully by then a different one as in the process of looking at other ones. Haven't booked a site if thats what you mean thought id just wildcamp as im sure theres a bit you can near blackpool now.

Did Edinburgh in May and loads of folk had mentioned the poor organization at the end and as far as im aware they moved it from the race course to the school certainly didnt have any issues in May there again i was the knackered i wouldnt have noticed :Rofl1:

Will let you know in plenty of time as i will probably enter it in the next couple of weeks if i decide to do it.

20. sedge

sedge Funster

Yes indeed, the mozzies in Inja can be quite something to contend with and are also quite a lot LOUDER than European ones. Still never see the blighters till it's too late though. Tell the Memsah'b to get some netting round her pith helmet if I were you. You of course, can light your pipe. Balkan Sobranie's probably the best.

And keep topping up the gin & tonic levels; essential for the quinine intake ......

• Like Like x 1