Booked ferry (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Just booked our ferry for the Moroccan trip, Dover to Calais and back with P&O £117.50 return so well chuffed.::bigsmile: and the times aren't to antisocial Sat 23rd Aug. at 20.55 and return Sat. 4th Oct at 18.20.

Sea France were £133.75, at a more antisocial 00.45 sailing.

Olley

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Sea France were £133.75, at a more antisocial 00.45 sailing.

Always well worth cross checking both companies.

Generally SeaFrance tend to beat P&O though my best fare ever was off P&O and only a couple of years ago.

£10 return! :thumb:

As for the Chunnel....it's an absolute non-starter. Never ever beaten ferry prices.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi we just booked seafrance 4 th sep 0930 -- 3rd oct 10.00 van 7.4 is £75 with tow car its £155.00 if we book 2 crossing van and car it comes out at £139.50 Now whats all that about! Thanks:cry: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi B&J no idea how they work these things out, couple of years ago if you booked with Norfolk line they had a special offer, it was £20 cheaper if you towed a caravan than going single, so I used to put down that I was towing, no one ever asked me where the caravan was when I turned up without it. ::bigsmile:

Olley

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
You have to smile if you did'nt you would cry. We had a oneway crossing for a car 4.04m Isle of Wight to Southampton £55 for a 1 hour crossing! We brought our towcar there, went over as foot passengers £6 each £7 to park. I should have knocked him down a little more! still have a good trip Moroco seems to be getting very popular might try winter there one day. Spain seems to be getting colder or is it me. Were off to Holland and Denmark on thursday another cheap holiday:notworthy::ROFLMAO: Thanks Bob.

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
hi bob Holland is somewhere we have never been, but everybody says its great, just looked at ferry prices from Harwich which is 30 miles from us, £326 and seven hours, so maybe one day.

Don't know about getting colder in Spain, we where in Portugal January and sunbathed on the beach at Quarteira. ::bigsmile:

Olley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Olley We booked useing Tesco club card points £52 in points with Stena Plus seats I think it was £214 I see your in Ipswich we are up near Diss so Harwich is handy and makes a change keep going to Dover. Its a long crossing (0900 / 1615) But it will be something different cant wait not long now, still go a list a long as your arm, I suppose I better cut the grass before we go. I have 2 girls at home still, the youngest goes to Corfu the day after we go for 2 weeks so as the other has to look after the cat and dog, I have been giving her lesons on the Ride on so she can do it! So start saving your Tesco points. ::bigsmile:Bob.

ps We were going to Portugal that was Jan / Feb and they kept saying the weather was bad, so we went to Spain yet again, but it was nice if you could keep out of the wind, and it never rained while we were there. But we have friends down there that said it was really bad when we left. thanks Bob.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
S

stagman

Deleted User
Been checking the Ferry prices over the last few weeks ready for booking my Dover to Calais return crossing in July ,best I could find was £85 .Had better but not too bad.Hey presto special offer email from Sea France,great I thought just in time,and guess what yes your right best price exactlly the same.:Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back