Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
Booked to go here in Jan for long stay 120 days but their prices seem to have gone up quite a bit, just looked in Caravan Club, 2012 and the prices seem a lot lower, than we are being quoted direct.
We know site is a bit cramped but its in such a good area, though any other suggestions would be welcome

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Try Camping Azahar just down the road, much more informal ! stayed there a couple of years back, slightly scruffy but a great site never the less !:thumb::thumb::thumb:
Google it ! ACSI site as well !

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Bonterra

There is also a small campsite at Orpesa about 3 miles north of Benicassim that is accsi,when I was there last 2 years ago it worked out about £8 a night with no charge for dogs [Camping Didota]Its right on the seafront with free internet access.

Alan

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Bonterra take ACSI ,but for 121 nights with C& CC £10.15 per night plus leci, Azahar rubbish site, Orpresa ok but tight pitches, we allways stop at Bonterra have done for the last 4 years, we will be there the day after next Easter for 6 weeks, love Bennicassim and Bonterra. Pete

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Bonterra

We tried Bonterra last year but only stuck it for a few days before moving on to camping Raco
Benidorm, we found it to shady, when we were there as they had'nt trimmed the trees but we love Benicasssim and will probably try it again this year.
We enjoyed the free parking down by the dried up river bed even with the graffiti and called in there on our way south most years,they.ve now landscaped it so unfortunately that is no more, there was much more space and it was right next to the beach
Alan
Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• IMG_0553.jpg
    IMG_0553.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0554.jpg
    IMG_0554.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 46

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
We tried Bonterra last year but only stuck it for a few days before moving on to camping Raco
Benidorm, we found it to shady, when we were there as they had'nt trimmed the trees but we love Benicasssim and will probably try it again this year.
We enjoyed the free parking down by the dried up river bed even with the graffiti and called in there on our way south most years,they.ve now landscaped it so unfortunately that is no more, there was much more space and it was right next to the beach
Alan
Broken Link Removed
Hi Alan
Yes the free parking has been turned into gardens, and all the prom is now finished and a great place to have a walk about, there is MH parking not far away if you are coming back to Benicassim along the beach road where it turns to the left its up there on the left, not has good has the beach but better than none, and you will be able to cut through to the beach, or straight on to the town etc, the prom near the old castle looks good. Pete :thumb:

Ps we also liked Raco we stopped there for a week on the way to Bonterra last year, we was there over Easter so a bit dearer then, so trying Almafra on the C&CC rally there, I visited there last year for a look lovely ammenaties etc but not to keen on the open pitches, but it will be cheaper than Raco over Easter on the rally.

Last edited:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Why do the Spanish shoot themselves in the foot !

Ah, the river bed !! stayed there many times !:thumb:
I believe that cycling along the promenade is now forbidden ! :cry: That used to be the best way into town avoiding the traffic !:Cool:
That's why I no longer stay at Benicassim !:Angry:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Ah, the river bed !! stayed there many times !:thumb:
I believe that cycling along the promenade is now forbidden ! :cry: That used to be the best way into town avoiding the traffic !:Cool:
That's why I no longer stay at Benicassim !:Angry:

Hi
That's true re the prom but people still do it, but there is a cycle lane right along the front from Castilon to Opresa passing right through the market place in Bennicassim, and past the new MH parking area, Pete :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I believe that cycling along the promenade is now forbidden !

And a nice Policeman with a gun was enforcing this.

I did cycle one day, no cop, and an old Spanish woman gave me a look the likes of which have not been seen since Medusa lost her head.

One reason why we left after 3 days, we like a cycle along the beach. And sit at cafes enjoying the view. And after your influence with a coffee and brandy.

Now Garda, also says no cycling, does anyone care, no. Treat the peds with respect and everyone is happy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back