Bonterra Park?? (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Bonterra Park seems very popular, just wondering why. What do you like about it?

Nov 10, 2008
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
B Park

M
The surrounding area and if you are into cycling on dedicated cycle paths even better.
On the edge of Bennicasim, a nice town.
300m from a great beach with 8 miles of promenade
Secure, very clean, good piches.
Train station, €6 to Valencia, approx 45 mins.
I could go on
JK

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings,
Nip out of the site, across the road to a supermarket to buy lunch, Lidl 200yds away,
and there's more...................

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M&L

Free Member
Jan 26, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
We stayed there for 2 weeks last March and found that to be long enough even though you can walk to the town which is nice and we used the bikes.
The site is very strict on dogs and we felt as if we had to carry our small dog to the site gates before we could put her down.
Decent pitches but not serviced at all.

Mike

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
Decent pitches but not serviced at all.

Mike[/QUOTE]

yes they are . we have been going there for 5 years now . They are very strict on dogs which is mostly thanks to the brits moaning about them all the time . we like it there and spent the winter there , its very safe and clean and as someone said every thing is within walking distance of the site . all the pitches have water and a place you can drain your gray water and hook up :Blush::Blush:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi we stopped there for 6 weeks this year and going again next year for another 6 good site water and drainage plus leci, good clean shower blocks clean site, and as others have said close to every thing and town, give it a go. Pete :thumb::thumb::thumb:

May 22, 2008
Funster No
Better site about 500 metres up the road Camping Azahar, IMO. great festival at Benicassim Jan .

OP
OP

Deleted User
Thanks for all replies and information.
We have stayed for long and short periods in the area for several years, Benicassim is a nice town with many Spanish(not Spanglish) bars and restaurants and holds many attractions for us.We have looked round Bontera Park several times and it does seem a clean, well run site but for us is a victim of its own success in that it is too crowded. The only attraction that we can see is its proximity to the town, the location is not that great and I would agree with vindiboy that Azahar is a better option, we don't stop there because of access problems with the 5er.

evans88

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Bonterra Park is a great site especially if you can find a pitch that is not under trees. They do cut them back in late Autumn but they grow very quickly. I prefer a site where I can make my own shade.

Azahar mentioned above is Ok but the infrastructure is rather old. I've been going there for years and each time I go there people tell me its about to close.

Bonterra is far better situated and more modern.

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
Is this problem with dogs a real problem or is it not that bad.

Jim
:Smile:

its not that bad with regards to dogs , plenty of people take them there , its just that they are sticked about them pooing on the site . there is no dog walk on site , but plenty near by . they have dog baths and a small dog loo . it all started to kick off 2 years ago with a english couple who hate dogs, going to the office moaning all the time . in fact i had words with them and said why dont you use a site that has a dog ban . we do not take our 2 staffies with us so love to see other peoples dogs. oh and bonterra do charge per dog :Blush::Blush:

May 22, 2008
Funster No
If you stay on Azahar you can use the facilities of Bonterra if you want to, If we wanted to swim,we used the pool, small charge, we used to go there for meals and evening entertainment when the mood took us , we used to call in for a coffee by the pool sometimes when cycling from town,Like wise Bonterra campers came to Azahar for meals and shared the entertainment there etc, I did hear that Bonterra had planned to ban dogs but had ommitted to put it in their brochure so it hasn't happened yet, I don't mind dogs myself, it's dog owners who are the problem,when they let their dogs pee on peoples property, don't pick up their dogs shit and leave them to bark and yap in their vans and go off for the day, Bring on the ban I say :Blush::Blush:.Benicassim has a good market weekly and there is a great cycle way all the way to Castellon along the sea front, great walks along the disused railway and a good modern train service to where ever you want. Wild beach camping is allowed at Benicassim and there is also an official Aire there too.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
boterra WONT BAN DOGS , they will lose to much money most of the Dutch , german and of course the brits ( moaners) bring their dogs with them . as of course do the Spanish . Every year we hear the same old rubbish ,oh they are going to ban dogs next year . there are many sites that do not allow dogs, so why do people that do not like our four legged friends stay on them . as some one said its not the dogs that are the problem it the owners .:Angry:

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
Stayed at bonterra 6 weeks last year and 3 weeks year before found the site and office staff first class.:thumb:
Stayed at azahar with friends for 2 weeks over christmas 2008 and again for 1 week at end of jan the site is very friendly especially now Ramon has left and Patti & Bobbie are in the office.:thumb: But when it rains it's horendous.:cry:

Steve

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Bonterra

We don't have a dog and don't mind dogs on site, but the only dog that caused any trouble and noise belonged to a Spanish group of two families, It was leased when it caused trouble but carried on when the kids let it go, The Dutch couple next to us had a cute little dog which Lynn wanted to adopt. like other posters have said its a dog clean site and no trouble when it rained as all pitches are hard standing. Pete:thumb::thumb:

slurps2

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
wales
Funster No
so has anyone the link for the camps sites.
thanks

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Hi
I think its a big problem with the dog situation. You are made to feel really uncomfortable and i have now met many travellers who would not go near Bonterra Park with there dog.
It is very difficult to get off site befor an accident occurs and i saw campers shouting at dog walkers, it was not easy to find suitable walking outside the main gate. Plus you have to sign a disclaimer when you book in that your pet will not foul or urinate inside the perimeter otherwise you will be asked to leave
If you are pet free this is a great site , well situated, clean, close to town and supermarket opposite and when our Ben is no longer around to cause offence will look forward to Bonterra
Wanderer

May 22, 2008
Funster No
That is another good thing about AZAHAR if you are a dog owner, there is a gate at the top end of the site and another at the entrance near Reception and the gates give access direct to open land and the mountains where you could let a dog run free.I stand by my remark about Bonterra about to ban dogs just read the comments posted here previously and you will see the way things are going.:Blush::Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back