Free Member
Jun 7, 2015
Cormeilles en Parisis, FRANCE
Funster No
MH
PILOTE A660 COACH
Exp
Hello
Awaiting delivery of my secondhand Pilote Aventura A660 ACG.
First venture into the world of Motorhome ownership or Camping Car as the anti-anglicised French call them.
Really looking forward to taking the kids (8 &6) all over this land and other land including blighty of course.

If anyone requires any assistance in French, or the French way of doing things (expat living near Paris for 23 years) don't hesitate to contact me.

I'll be taking delivery of my vehicle in 3 weeks, so am now shopping for accessories.
Recommendations on must haves and must not haves appreciated.

What I really would like to know is what is the best way of making tea and toast.
Electric (autonomy taken into account) and gas suggestions welcome.

Au revoir
Mike

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hello and Welcome to France. I'm an ex ex-pat.

Tea---gas kettle (ikea do one ) toast, grill if van has one, failing that a dry skillet/square frying pan. I carried a sandwich toaster and used that on EHU for toast, bagels and sandwiches---no good for warming croissants tho.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Hi , we use one of these if no hook up, and sometimes even if there is.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Hello :welc:

We have a hob top toaster similar to the one in Chris' link and it makes great toast.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi from Devon
Yorkshire tea-bag boiling water milk ..sorted.

Low watt toaster runs off inverter or ehu ..sorted

Works for us.
animated-gif-emoticons.jpg

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Salut!

...Et bienvenue sur le site!

Tu parles Français comment ? passable? assez bien? bien? très bien? super bien? comme un français?
I do my best in English but there' one thing I can't really cope with, as probably any foreign person when it comes to a foreign language .... feeling the slight difference between 2 words... one you can say, and the other one... well you'd better watch out who you talking to!!
I'm trying to make the difference between the rude words at the moment LOL! May be you could help!

As for helping in French well a little bit of help now and then..... if you can really do it of course. Your view as an expat might make the difference!
Peter (Stcyr) is a perfect bilingual English/French

Amicalement

Frankie;):cool:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the forum I hope you enjoy your new van, why not wait and see what you actually need before buying lots of garage fillers.
Hi , we use one of these if no hook up, and sometimes even if there is.
That looks tidy Chris but how do you stop the cheese falling into the flames.

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Harry's sliced white (or indeed, brown) bread for toast - baguette, boule etc just go as hard as charcoal. But we have an Anglicised Pilote Reference with a full cooker - so don't need a gadget to make it! Pilote actually sell a range for Brits!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
...What I really would like to know is what is the best way of making tea and toast...

After 23 years in France you are still drinking tea and eating toast? Well done that man, don't let them assimilate you!

And of course welcome and thrice welcome if you stump up the requisite number of Euros to join!

This picture below is from my road atlas, it may be a tad out of date but I prefer it that way...

in_map01.jpg

OP
OP
M

mdewfr

Free Member
Jun 7, 2015
Funster No
MH
PILOTE A660 COACH
Exp
Tu parles Français comment ? passable? assez bien? bien? très bien? super bien? comme un français?
Je laisse les autres decide la niveau de ma français. Je sais que avec chaque phrase que sors de ma bouche ou de mon clavier ils auraient les fautes de grammaire ou d'orthographe, none of us perfect.
Tant que les gens arrive a me comprends....
Vous etes de quel coin?

OP
OP
M

mdewfr

Free Member
Jun 7, 2015
Funster No
MH
PILOTE A660 COACH
Exp
After 23 years in France you are still drinking tea and eating toast? Well done that man, don't let them assimilate you!

And of course welcome and thrice welcome if you stump up the requisite number of Euros to join!

This picture below is from my road atlas, it may be a tad out of date but I prefer it that way...

in_map01.jpg
AH the good old days.
William the Conqueror's descendants came back to see the old folks back home for a hundred years or so....
Whenever we get our French friends over for a barbecue, I ask them how they like their meat..."a point" or Joan of Arc

Reactions: DBK
Feb 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
A big white thing ???
Exp
3 yrs, (tenting and tugging before)
Moi, je suis aussi ex-ex-pat. J'ai passe plusieurs annees dans l'Haute Gironde, pres de Blaye. Bienvenu au site!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
What this Forum is missing is a button along the top of the page with a little Union Jack on it. If there was one I could click it and get the English version. :)

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Je laisse les autres decide la niveau de ma français. Je sais que avec chaque phrase que sors de ma bouche ou de mon clavier ils auraient les fautes de grammaire ou d'orthographe, none of us perfect.
Vous etes de quel coin?

Ok ...(y) ! Just one thing , on a forum you say TU not VOUS when talking in French.
Let's say you can only improve....;)
As you can see on clicking on my avatar (or anyone else's who has fill in the introduction form) I am from South West, Balma is the name of the little town I live in and it's very close to Toulouse.

Enjoy the forum!

Amicalement

Frankie:)

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
What this Forum is missing is a button along the top of the page with a little Union Jack on it. If there was one I could click it and get the English version. :)
Sorry for that. It must sound quite rude. I just asked our new member the level he has in French.

As for the other posts in french, just saying where they are in France or how long they have been there for.

You are quite right to give some sort of shout for talking in another language. Actually I think it is breaking one of the forum rules! I'll be careful from now on and will type the translation on the same post!

Amicalement

Frankie:):)

Feb 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
A big white thing ???
Exp
3 yrs, (tenting and tugging before)
Bjr je connais Blaye, il y a des vignobles sympa par la.
vous etes toujours en France?

Malheureusement non. Mon mari est decede et je n'avais pas les moyens d'y rester toute seule. Mais j'y vais souvent pour voir des amis.

Sorry, just read the above post. Making the most of being able to converse in french, something I miss very much. Just saying I lived in France for some years but lost my husband and couldn't afford to stay there alone, but I go back often to see friends.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Sorry for that. It must sound quite rude. I just asked our new member the level he has in French.

As for the other posts in french, just saying where they are in France or how long they have been there for.

You are quite right to give some sort of shout for talking in another language. Actually I think it is breaking one of the forum rules! I'll be careful from now on and will type the translation on the same post!

Amicalement

Frankie:):)
C'était une blague!

OP
OP
M

mdewfr

Free Member
Jun 7, 2015
Funster No
MH
PILOTE A660 COACH
Exp
I am from South West, Balma is the name of the little town I live in

I intend to wander down the Atlantic coast for a few weeks in July and August. Obviously being the "Haute season" (young kids in tow) I may have to take in a bit of the "arrière pays" to avoid the madding crowds.
Is there anywhere in particular you may have visited and would recommend in the Charente / Charente Maritime areas.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Vous etes de quel coin?

La Corrèze pour nous :) nous sommes écossais but nous avons été en France depuis onze ans :))

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
I intend to wander down the Atlantic coast for a few weeks in July and August. Obviously being the "Haute season" (young kids in tow) I may have to take in a bit of the "arrière pays" to avoid the madding crowds.
Is there anywhere in particular you may have visited and would recommend in the Charente / Charente Maritime areas.

No... I don't really do this part of France, I tend to prefer the Mediterranean cost. But I'm sure lots of Funsters will give you a few tips .
Only thing is if you now want to post , you should subscribe. Upper toolbar , click on Subscribe , pay your tenner and you'll have full access to ALL the forums of this excellent website!!
If you stay a "read only Funster" then you can' ask a question or reply to a post... or even send/get Private Messages (those you get in your INBOX, same toolbar). Now don't mix up status ... which give your mood of the day, and can be read by the whole world wide and PM that you can send privately when you "start a conversation" by clicking on the INBOX!

Frankie:):cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back