Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Kimberley (herein after refered to as wife/darling/honey/sweetheart depends on depth of **** I'm in at any given time) and I, Phil, have after three years of looking, searching and refusing for various reasons, wrong size, colour, shape, configuration and even "doesn't have a smiley face" (yes she DID say that) have bought our first motorhome.

Laika 7.1G year 2002 and she has been named "Lily", so here we are the three, Phil, Kimberly and Lily. She has been checked over, cleaned, washed, polished, re-equipped, disinfected and had all her tanks sterilised (Lily).

We all live in the glorious Charente Maritime in a little hamlet of Bois Blanc just outside Virollet 17260 where we have an old house with a barn being converted into a gite for 2016 season. www.la-brise.fr

We have lived in France for 10 years originally hailing from the far flung shores of Idle in Bradford, West Yorkshire.

Our first "trip" in Lily will be this weekend, a long distance trip of some 40 kilometres where we will spend the weekend learning "Lily", passing the time with friends and fellow fliers at the open weekend for visitors to come and see our aircraft, have a meal a drink and maybe a pleasure flight to see some of the Charente Maritime from the air.

If you are in the area call in Saturday and/or Sunday (25/26 July), we are on the D129 between Ecoyeux and Saint Meme about 15 minutes north of Saintes.

I will repost next week with the list of "hickups" that surely will befall us.

SMILE FOR NO REASON....... IT SCARES THE HELL OUT OF THE OTHERS

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi Phil & Kimberley and welcome to the Fun!:welc::party:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Hello
check-in-minion.jpg

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Welcome to Fun
Love to drop in but on a small camping in Aix & too hot to move

Mel & Lieve

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif
and welcome.
Poitou Charente is lovely. If we were to move to France that's one of the areas that we would choose to live.

OP
OP
filopastry

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
Thank you all for your welcome. Rob and Val you are right, tis a hell of a nice place to live, not too expensive (if you move a little inland like us. ie 20km) we fell in love ten years ago.... and still feel the same ..... bit it is a little like marmite. Tomorrow "le grande depart" .... here goes, ear plugs in ....... nose clip in place .... and SLOOSH we take the first dive

OP
OP
filopastry

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
And there we have it. First outing done and dusted....... and we are STILL alive. I can see that the "loo" is not an easy thing to master, or maybe its the size of my rear, the slow and steady reversing into position, the accurate despatch and finalising paperwork may need a little fine tuning. No matter how hard I try, I find I seem always to be at the "wrong end" when 'er indoors is at the hob and I need something from a cupboard. Knees have a certain blue hue from trying to get behind the dining table whilst it is still fixed in place. Things move ..... I swear I put a,b and c in locker X, but come to find it, tis somewhere else, auto transference I reckon. Next outing is yet to be scheduled but will remain within "running distance" back home in case we have a hiccup or get scared.

Only placed "minimum" items in van and then weighed us all, 3420kg with full fresh water and we two including provisions. May need to re-visit list of "essentials" as this did not include "push irons" or any other forms of secondary transport other than "shanks pony" ..... and these days there tends to be a few reliability problems there. Till the next posting ... may your landings always equal your take offs ... or ... may your returns always equal your departures.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Always good to get the first one out of the way, your bit about the loo, lol, this has been talked about debated at unbelievable lengths over the years so I won't make a comment but would suggest that you put Toilet in the search engine, could keep you amused for some time.

On the point of getting in the other half's way we learned a long time ago if one is busy the other just sits and relaxes there is no hurry in a Motorhone, no good you both trying to be in the same space at once. Sounds as if you are going to have fun and what a beautiful part of the world to do it in.

Dec 29, 2007
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1996
Glad you had a good first weekend away. Try not filling the water tank to the brim as 100 litres is 100kg! We keep ours around half full mostly and almost empty as we approach Calais so we can add some wine etc. Love the Charente region and especially the Pineau Charentes :)

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Hi and welcome to Funsters we shall be at our caravan at Twin Lakes at Soumeras not far from Montendre for the month of September pm us and we might be able to meet up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back