Boiler Pains

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Biged, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Biged

Biged Read Only Funster

Got advice from funsters last week about running my truma on electric only, great advice and it worked brilliantly when we went for a final shakedown before heading to the South of France next week.

Got up this morning with pool of water under the van.....it had only dropped the boiler water:cry: and because the water tank is level with the boiler it had syphoned all that as well.

I know they drop the water before it gets to freezing but i did not think it was that cold. :Eeek:

Right pain heating it all up so the drop valve locks again, and then filling all the system and tank again......Arhhhhh!

2. biggsy

biggsy Read Only Funster

You can always use a peg to hold the electric release valve shut. The only thing is that you need to be sure that conditions will not freeze your water

3. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

when we bought our first MH it had a clothes peg holding the valve on ours up (closed), a bit of a risk I thought, but I reckon you might fit one yourself now!!

I decided to leave the peg on while we were using MH as the water would be hot and the heating on very little chance of frost damage, took it off when not in use (when I remembered) but drained for winter anyway

Better safe than sorry though maybe

Just beaten to similar suggestion above

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  4. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

I think they drop the water at or below 8C so only needs a chilly night if no heating on.

5. BgClick

BgClick Funster

We have a truma combi but its got a manual dump valve

6. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

The auto dump valve will drop the boiler at around 8 deg C UNLESS the heater is switched on in which case it is kept closed electrically, or should be at least. The details should all be in your operating instructions.

D.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

I see your just down the road from me
    I dont know what temps we got down too last night but I do know the Gritters were out in force all over Mansfield:Eeek:

• Like Like x 1
  8. sdc77

sdc77 Funster

As said above.. If your heating was on no need to dump water. I don't have that problem as I only have the manual valve

9. g8ysn

g8ysn Funster

dump plug

i had simular issues but was advised to cover pump and dump unit in buble wrap or some thing simular not had a problem since,loosely:Eeek: