Boiler not working on gas. (Swift Kontiki) (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Sods law, not used MH since Chester, off to Stratford tomorrow and on checking everything is working (Late I know) the boiler does not want to work on gas. Water heats up using electric.

There is a static red light on dial which the manual suggests has two possible causes when on gas......

1. Gas cylinder or quick closeure valve in gas line closed.

2. Combustion air infeed or exhaust outlet is sealed.

As the cooker and fridge both work on gas I am assuming it is not number 1.

The Truma vent on the outside next to the habitation door is clear, not sure if that is called the exhaust outlet, if it is that leaves the combustion air infeed as the culprit. I have no idea where this might be located.

Anyone know where it is so I can check it?

Or could there be another reason?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Assuming it is a combi boiler the exhaust outlet (actuality is a balanced flue inlet/outlet) looks like this, can be white, black or grey.
$_35.JPG

If it is mounted under a window there will be an inhibit switch on the window so boiler won't work on gas if the window is open.
It could still be a gas problem combi's need a high gas flow so other appliances may work when the combi won't, check the gas bottle is not nearly empty. If you have a bulkhead mounted regulator it could be gummed up with oily residue, only remedy is a replacement, common on vans of your vintage.

Mi58ck

Free Member
Aug 9, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since august 2012
Have you removed the outside cover?.caught me out a couple of times

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
Swift kontiki
Sods law, not used MH since Chester, off to Stratford tomorrow and on checking everything is working (Late I know) the boiler does not want to work on gas. Water heats up using electric.

There is a static red light on dial which the manual suggests has two possible causes when on gas......

1. Gas cylinder or quick closeure valve in gas line closed.

2. Combustion air infeed or exhaust outlet is sealed.

As the cooker and fridge both work on gas I am assuming it is not number 1.

The Truma vent on the outside next to the habitation door is clear, not sure if that is called the exhaust outlet, if it is that leaves the combustion air infeed as the culprit. I have no idea where this might be located.

Anyone know where it is so I can check it?

Or could there be another reason?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Steve
Did you find problem in the end

Oct 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
Swift kontiki
Did Assuming it is a combi boiler the exhaust outlet (actuality is a balanced flue inlet/outlet) looks like this, can be white, black or grey.
$_35.JPG

If it is mounted under a window there will be an inhibit switch on the window so boiler won't work on gas if the window is open.
It could still be a gas problem combi's need a high gas flow so other appliances may work when the combi won't, check the gas bottle is not nearly empty. If you have a bulkhead mounted regulator it could be gummed up with oily residue, only remedy is a replacement, common on vans of your vintage.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back