Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
Hi All,

Dos anyone have Alde wet heating?

I have had a problem since the New Year meet, the problem is this!

Often when I turn the boiler on I hear the gas valve clunk open and after 10 seconds the red light comes back on and a second clunk as the valve shuts. This will happen every time I try it over a few hours. The motor, flue and pump are all working fine while the boiler won’t light by the way.

I can light all the burners on the hob, the oven and gas fridge and all work properly with no reduction in flame when all are lit.

I have changed the gas regulator. The old one said it was 30Mb and a flow of 1.7flow, the new one is 30MB but is only 1.5 flow.

I have an external gas tank which is filled with LPG from a shell forecourt, don’t think its freezing, but who knows?

I have had the flue gas analysed and everything was reading fine,

Does anyone have any ideas for me to try?????????????????????????

Could it be just another faulty gas regulator I have fitted??????????????

I can go to it an hour later and it all works on the gas but will cut of after about 2-3 hours and won’t light again till the next day.

I can run both heating and hot water of the electric no problem.

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
boiler wont light

good morning, had same problem, different type, if you get an air lock it will do this, normaly mine self bleeds, this year , didnt, somewhere there is a bleed screw/ valve/ top. only needs a very small bit of air, sorry cant help more,, good luck,, :thumb:

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Not familiar with this particular boiler but it sounds like an ignition fault. If the burner flame sensor does not detect a flame within a few seconds then it will shut down, that is the "clunck" from the valve that you can hear. You either have....

Little or no spark being generated by the ignition unit
faulty igniter unit
faulty / badly placed igniter probe
faulty igniter lead
igniter lead shorting somewere

or your pilot / burner flame is too small for the flame sensor to detect
blocked jet
poor gas supply
etc

As a reg gas installer I would have to advise that you get it sorted by a pro unfortunately installers registered to work on "mobile caravan" installations are few and far between so good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
have you had the gas pressure tested Pat?

It could be all the above but the puzzling thing is why it works for some time but not others, or have I read that wrong.

does it work on normal gas still? out of a bottle? or have you not tried that?

Think its going to be a case of narrowing it down bit by bit, but start with the least expensive:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
same as IPS.....flame failure device.
electronics hold gas valve open for a set period (10 seconds) until flame sensor gets hot and the sensor holds the valve open....

sensor not working...valve shuts after the 10 second 'warm up' period.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back