Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My son always used to make me laugh when we were on French sites where they didn't supply any toilet paper.

Girls and women could walk past with their roll of toilet tissue on their way to the toilet blocks with impunity because they might only be doing number 1's.

When men did it though it was called " the walk of shame" because the purpose of their walk was clear.

We still have a giggle about it now.:D

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I always recycle and put it back on the roll once used anyway on campsites.....(y)

:eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I'm afraid I'd be tempted to tell reception about him, it would be rather nice to think they'd have a blacklist, wouldn't it?

I mean I have nicked a few sheets at night once, when I'd not noticed until I went to use the loo that we'd all but run out and knowing I'd be up in the night and would both need it in the am before sallying forth for shopping - but I took care to be sneaky about it !

I'm more likely to take my own until I've established theirs is 'nice' !

Or in this case a brown list ? :D Anyway I heard that bloke has robbed the roll twice before so that's the turd time !!! :)

OP
OP
Don Quixote

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
@Chris, when in the Army I used to teach recruits how to use the 2 sheets of paper supplied whilst in the middle of nowhere and you needed to go. This was taught something like this:

Right chaps "It's easy, you only need 1 sheet per poo in the field. Just take that one sheet, fold it in half, then fold it in half again. Now grab the common corner there, and tear that little bit off. Now this is important, SAVE THAT LITTLE BIT. Now open the piece of TP back up, there should be a little hole in the middle. Just slip that down over your finger, so that the TOP is all the way at the bottom. Then, once you're done with your nasty business, just get that finger down there and clean yourself up all nice and pretty.
Once again you're within anal hygiene regs!, just wrap that second piece of Toilet Paper up around your finger, and clean your finger off with it as you remove it. Then, take that little piece that you saved from earlier (YOU SAVED IT, RIGHT?) and use that to clean out your fingernail." To this day I never saw anyone doing it.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
One of the jobs I did when I was working, was to help a mate put up a picket fence, about 20 mtrs long, in a garden of an old Nunnery. That was on a Friday.
Monday we turned up and someone (that wasn't the word we used to describe whoever at the time!) had nicked the whole kit and caboodle, fence posts, gate, the lot !

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My son always used to make me laugh when we were on French sites where they didn't supply any toilet paper.

Girls and women could walk past with their roll of toilet tissue on their way to the toilet blocks with impunity because they might only be doing number 1's.

When men did it though it was called " the walk of shame" because the purpose of their walk was clear.

We still have a giggle about it now.:D

Thinking about it though, English rugby supporters carrying tissue paper to the toilet block may be for purposes other than those contemplated by my son and I.:D

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
My mate works in the building trade and when there's no bogs on site he comes home with no socks or some bits of his shirt missing....:confused:

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
My mate works in the building trade and when there's no bogs on site he comes home with no socks or some bits of his shirt missing....:confused:

I was badly constipated when working as a hod carrier, I went to the doctors, he took a look and gave me some sound advice "Stop wiping your arse on empty cement bags"

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
All right alright, don't go on, I'll put it back in the morning, jeez don't you lot love a toilet thread............:lipssealed:

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
Now I know why my son has so many odd Socks!

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Because I watch were he went after completing his task ;) and anyway NO funster would do that would they? ............................ Please tell me they would not.......... PLEASE
I have no use for bog role have used the :dm: all my life not changing the habit of a lifetime
As that's all its good for
Bill

Reactions: JJ

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I have no use for bog role have used the :dm: all my life not changing the habit of a lifetime
As that's all its good for
Bill
You must have a black bum, stopped doing that when they changed to water soluble inks.:D

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Sorry, decided that joke is only fit for the Belly Locker.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
image.jpeg
Another case of stolen toilet paper

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
One of the jobs I did when I was working, was to help a mate put up a picket fence, about 20 mtrs long, in a garden of an old Nunnery. That was on a Friday.
Monday we turned up and someone (that wasn't the word we used to describe whoever at the time!) had nicked the whole kit and caboodle, fence posts, gate, the lot !

Ok, ok, no need to take offence.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Late 60's loading slate roof tiles for Holland,from a part time slate quarry in Blaenau Ffestiniog,i should have known it was not."State of the Art/Safety friendly" as on arrival, i had to go to the local garage,get the chap there to fire up an old ex army 4x4 lorry and drive up in front of me,in the event of me getting stuck on the way up,(It was wet and very slippery),he could give me a pull,and when loaded they would ring him and he would follow me down.... Yes?) While loading,i asked where the loo was,chap took me out of the cabin and said anywhere out there,pointing at the quarry,he said hang on a minute ducked back in the cabin and brought ouit an old newspaper,saying you will need this.
Izal Germicide ? . John Wayne Toilet paper,it was Rough,Tough and took S*** from no one. Happy days.
Tea Bag
Ps. When online with a member from Bury Lancs,about "Franny Lee" the footballer/tiolet roll maker ,she knew him,and once in conversation with him,he said." I am responsible for three quarters of the clean bums in Lancashire" LOL.

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
That attitude you got would have got my back up and I would have watched where he went. I shall be listening in the morning while sat on the bog for continuous rolling before I leave Bagwell. :dance2:. Sounds like a typical 'fair weather camper'.

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
In addition to my previous post, I suppose we should be grateful he was only metaphorically taking the pi$$ . . . . . :eek:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
@Chris, when in the Army I used to teach recruits how to use the 2 sheets of paper supplied whilst in the middle of nowhere and you needed to go. This was taught something like this:

Right chaps "It's easy, you only need 1 sheet per poo in the field. Just take that one sheet, fold it in half, then fold it in half again. Now grab the common corner there, and tear that little bit off. Now this is important, SAVE THAT LITTLE BIT. Now open the piece of TP back up, there should be a little hole in the middle. Just slip that down over your finger, so that the TOP is all the way at the bottom. Then, once you're done with your nasty business, just get that finger down there and clean yourself up all nice and pretty.
Once again you're within anal hygiene regs!, just wrap that second piece of Toilet Paper up around your finger, and clean your finger off with it as you remove it. Then, take that little piece that you saved from earlier (YOU SAVED IT, RIGHT?) and use that to clean out your fingernail." To this day I never saw anyone doing it.

Over many years we went to Americana. "Indian Paul" used to co-Compare, His "Dissemination" was along the line of "the toilets keep running out of paper, people are using to much toilet roll, remember you only need 2 pieces, one to wipe, one to polish"!.

BTW. I had reason to get in the loft recently, and dragged out my old "night out" bag. guess what was still in the end pocket? Yup, half at toilet roll!

pete

Peter Sansom

Free Member
May 22, 2015
peebles
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
A relative newbie...ex caravanner
Oh, there's a Funster handshake? No one told me. Someone please email it to me please!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back