Bodywork Repairs - Premier Caravan and Motorhome Repairs, Reading (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Whilst away recently an idiot reversed into my nearly new Hymer A class motorhome whilst we were parked having lunch in a motorway Aire in Belgium. He was towing a large trailer and could not see behind because he had no towing mirrors. Doh ........ I blame Eddie @Judge Mental because he recommended the route :D

Damage is not too bad, because of the low speed, but we now need to get it repaired. It needs repairs to the torn and broken single skin GRP "skirt" below the bonnet as well as filling a couple of scrapes on the bonnet itself. Then the whole lot will need respraying with Hymer's Sierra grey paint.

I have obtained a quotation from Premier Caravan and Motorhome Repairs in Reading. Anybody used these before or heard of them? Are they any good?

Has anybody got any recommendations for other accident repairers who are used to GRP repairs that are nearer to us in Tunbridge Wells, Kent please? Tried two Hymer agents (Becks and Premier) but they can't do it because they don't have the skill or facilities.

I am going through my insurers but want to organise repairs myself so that it will be done when I want it done to miss all the trips I have organised. I can do that because the motorhome is still drivable.

Thanks in advance

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Peter I know where they are but know nothing about them as they have only been there since 2013 and I cannot find out much good or bad about them ,sorry couldn't be more help ..Roy

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Is the front sprayed or is it a gel coat finish? If gel coat best to get it repaired by a boat repairer.
As you probably know I took a large chunk out of the front of mine in Spain, luckily mine is white and I have a neighbor who has a boat maintenance business he reckons he can repair it and finish it with colour matched gel coat.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Being metallic means it is probably sprayed, scrape the surface near the damaged area if it flakes off it's paint, or ask a Hymer dealer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Resurrecting this old thread looking for info on Premier Caravan & Motorhome Repairs in Reading... @peterc10 did you use these guys in the end? If so, what were their prices and service like? Would you recommend them? Looks like we may be needing some damp repairs in the not-so-distant future :( and these guys aren't too far away.

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Yes I did and they appeared to be good. .........

But a year on I have just discovered some problems with it in the way of pealing and blistered paint. They have a 2 year warranty so I will contact them in the next couple of days with some photos and see what their reaction is. Hope they do not expect me to take it all the way to Reading again though!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Yes I did and they appeared to be good. .........

But a year on I have just discovered some problems with it in the way of pealing and blistered paint. They have a 2 year warranty so I will contact them in the next couple of days with some photos and see what their reaction is. Hope they do not expect me to take it all the way to Reading again though!
Sounds like they have used the wrong type of paint on top of the GRP. Will probably need stripping and respraying.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back