Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
Hi.
A question about panel removal.
I dinged the rear nearside corner panel, right on the corner below the rear lights. I have ordered a new one (which hasn't arrived yet for me to look at) but I can't see any obvious way of getting the old, damaged corner panel off with screws or just popping/pulling it off which I am reluctant to do for fear of damaging it or the method of fixing any further.
I haven't had time to crawl underneath yet but has anyone experience of doing this replacement and can assist please.

Also, how do you change a rear light bulb as I have tried to take off the lens covers by several means but they won't budge. Can't get to the bulb from behind either.
I'm not normally a 'noddy' when it comes to practical things but any hints on this occasion would be gratefully received.
The vehicle is a 2012 Delaware.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Nik.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
When we had an AT I had the same problem,you'll need to take the light unit off to take the grey panel off, the lights are held in by a flat spring clip at the bottom,you need a thin bladed screwdriver to poke in at the bottom of the lens and lever up the spring upwards. pulling the lens at the same time,not the easiest job and a bit nervewracking! I seem to remember there is a screw under the reflector as well.
The panel itself is held on with pop rivets which I drilled out,these are special peel dome pop rivets which I got off ebay.Hope this helps!

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Good luck! I took some photos of the whole process but can i find them :doh:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
You might get more of a clue when the new panel arrives?

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Good luck! I took some photos of the whole process but can i find them :doh:
Ha! Glad someone else has that problem. :whistle2::wink:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John&Kate

Free Member
Aug 30, 2015
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Sept 2015
Hi.
A question about panel removal.
I dinged the rear nearside corner panel, right on the corner below the rear lights. I have ordered a new one (which hasn't arrived yet for me to look at) but I can't see any obvious way of getting the old, damaged corner panel off with screws or just popping/pulling it off which I am reluctant to do for fear of damaging it or the method of fixing any further.
I haven't had time to crawl underneath yet but has anyone experience of doing this replacement and can assist please.

Also, how do you change a rear light bulb as I have tried to take off the lens covers by several means but they won't budge. Can't get to the bulb from behind either.
I'm not normally a 'noddy' when it comes to practical things but any hints on this occasion would be gratefully received.
The vehicle is a 2012 Delaware.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Nik.

Hi NIK

I just replaced the rear OS corner panel on my 2010 Arapaho, its actually quite simple once you know how. You need to remove all the rear light covers with a small L shapped tool ( _______| ). At the bottom of each cover is a flat spring clip, simply slide your tool under and twist to lift the clip, and pull. The light unit will come out to reveal a screw, there is a screw behind every light and also 2 screws behind the reflector which is held on by double sided tape !! From there you need to drill out all pop rivets to remove the damaged panel. You will need to get some pop rivets like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-8mm-x-C...hash=item48450bd196:m:m1GX0V2IUlgevkAOOjAujdg
I wish I had taken some pictures of my panel change process, but its soo simple when you remove the lights.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back