Bodge of the day

Discussion in 'Top Tips & Tricks' started by Manic, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Manic

Manic Funster

I needed a phone holder so I can use it with Copilot, I've got a Garmin satnav bean bag holder and thought I could bodge something using that.
    A bit Blue Peter'ish without using sticky backed plastic or toilet rolls but using plastic tube and cable ties.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like it Like it x 6
  2. Badknee

Badknee Funster

How dare you quote Blue Peter without using sticky backed plastic or bog roll tubes! Go and wash your mouth out immediately! :sick:

Nice bodge though (y)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like it Like it x 2
  3. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

Over engineering, just stick the phone on the dash with Blue tack.:)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like it Like it x 1
  4. Shrimp64

Shrimp64 Funster

Blue tack isn't reliable!
    Driving along, Blue tack gives up, phone falls off, gets under your foot.................BANG!
    Either smashed phone or smashed van!

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Manic

Manic Funster

Another bodge,
    The roof light in our bathroom doesn't lock in the first open position and when it's wind it can blow open. I did have a bit of elastic cord and paper clip which is ok but could be better, so a bit of thought and came up with this bracket that links the lock position with the first position. A bit of ally angle and 2 of m4 screws with 2 nuts on each screw.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like it Like it x 2
  6. mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn Funster Life Member

I once watched my dad fix some loose wallpaper with condensed milk ,he was a bodger of the highest order especially when decorating .:)

• Like it Like it x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. jockaneezer

jockaneezer Funster

My FIL repaired the old cast iron guttering on the wash house with built up layers of newspaper and old gloss paint. He also would never run the fan in his car to demist the windscreen cos it would "flatten the battery" he had a bit of an old vest crumpled up between the dash and the windscreen that he used to make "portholes" through the condensation :eek:

8. G T and Dottie

G T and Dottie Funster

And the 'portholes' is wrong because?

9. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

My cheapo Chinese pod speaker packed up recently. On investigation it turned out the battery was dead but everything else was OK. The battery was low quality but was basically a 3.7 Volt phone battery which gave me about 5 hours playback time. I hoiked the battery out, and reconnected the wires to a very old mobile phone that I had no use for, to act as a battery holder/recharger base. I now get 10 hours' playback time per charge.

The cosmetics of it don't bother me as I use the pod speaker inside the case of a vintage bakelite wireless. There's life in the old pod yet :)

[​IMG]

• Like it Like it x 1
  10. SuperMike

SuperMike Funster

On Christmas Eve, I noticed water spurting out of the top of the Flojet pump. Now for me to say to Management that she could not have a shower 'cos the pump was trying to fill a locker, was just not going to happen, I'm not that brave. Anyway, the day had finally come when the spare part I had carried for six years to cover this eventuality was used, I changed the pump. Good bodge 'init. :xThumb:

• Like it Like it x 1