Bodge of the day (1 Viewer)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I needed a phone holder so I can use it with Copilot, I've got a Garmin satnav bean bag holder and thought I could bodge something using that.
A bit Blue Peter'ish without using sticky backed plastic or toilet rolls but using plastic tube and cable ties.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
How dare you quote Blue Peter without using sticky backed plastic or bog roll tubes! Go and wash your mouth out immediately! :sick:

Nice bodge though (y)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Blue tack isn't reliable!
Driving along, Blue tack gives up, phone falls off, gets under your foot.................BANG!
Either smashed phone or smashed van!

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Another bodge,
The roof light in our bathroom doesn't lock in the first open position and when it's wind it can blow open. I did have a bit of elastic cord and paper clip which is ok but could be better, so a bit of thought and came up with this bracket that links the lock position with the first position. A bit of ally angle and 2 of m4 screws with 2 nuts on each screw.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I once watched my dad fix some loose wallpaper with condensed milk ,he was a bodger of the highest order especially when decorating .:)

My FIL repaired the old cast iron guttering on the wash house with built up layers of newspaper and old gloss paint. He also would never run the fan in his car to demist the windscreen cos it would "flatten the battery" he had a bit of an old vest crumpled up between the dash and the windscreen that he used to make "portholes" through the condensation :eek:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
My cheapo Chinese pod speaker packed up recently. On investigation it turned out the battery was dead but everything else was OK. The battery was low quality but was basically a 3.7 Volt phone battery which gave me about 5 hours playback time. I hoiked the battery out, and reconnected the wires to a very old mobile phone that I had no use for, to act as a battery holder/recharger base. I now get 10 hours' playback time per charge.

The cosmetics of it don't bother me as I use the pod speaker inside the case of a vintage bakelite wireless. There's life in the old pod yet :)

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
On Christmas Eve, I noticed water spurting out of the top of the Flojet pump. Now for me to say to Management that she could not have a shower 'cos the pump was trying to fill a locker, was just not going to happen, I'm not that brave. Anyway, the day had finally come when the spare part I had carried for six years to cover this eventuality was used, I changed the pump. Good bodge 'init. :xThumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back