LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Yes Terry my tank is always brim to brim.. in fact if anyone purchased it over this weekend they would have had £500 of fuel and LPG on board.

The run to the South of France is normal roads except the cut across the Tarn Gouge and that on a 700 run is a not a lot.. may be 30 miles. But I did monitor that the fuel for that leg was 10 mpg. I alway re fill when the tank drops to the 3/4 mark ..always have done.. so I filled in Flour and again in Mende and Florec .. both ways.

In general use I fill on the way out 12 miles down the road at the 24 hour Tesco in Sevenoaks and on approach to any show ground so I have full tanks for generator use.. and I fill on leaving a show and again back at Sevenoaks on the way in if it is at the 3/4 mark or less. So over 11,000 miles it is 14.80 mpg .. that is why I say 14/15 mpg and that is with generator use. I do not do a Buttons and claim 99 mpg:winky: But to be honest Terry I do not need to justfy what the RV does.. I give it as a guide. I could stay silent on the subject. But if you read the information I have on ebay and note there are no questions asked... I try and be honest and tell everything there is about the RV ... I want the next owner to enjoy his purchase.. by the way have you seen the large feedback i have on ebay ..all 100% over 11 years.. all positive.. I try and deal with issues like this in an honourable way and that does not mean I mislead people on how many mpg it does.

Bob
I do not claim you are misleading people Bob ,as you say a GUIDE and from the sounds of it you are using the computer mpg as a guide also.The only way to calculate mpg is with brim to brim filling and miles covered-not computers :thumb::Eeek:
As to MHL he claims 15 mpg on pertol but only 20 mpg = gas :Doh: does not add up he should be getting around 28 mpg on gas if all is = I think he is getting more like 11 mpg on petrol using his figures-that is almost 30 % different to his claimed 15 mpg :Eeek::Eeek:I do not talk nonsense :winky: but clearly he does.(15 mpg on petrol would give =28 ish on gas/where 11 mpg on petrol would = 20 mpg on gas :Doh:)The only way to prove this is IF HE TAKES UP THE CHALLENGE where I will have a cheap day out or a very expensive one ::bigsmile:
terry

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Yes Terry my tank is always brim to brim.. in fact if anyone purchased it over this weekend they would have had £500 of fuel and LPG on board.

The run to the South of France is normal roads except the cut across the Tarn Gouge and that on a 700 run is a not a lot.. may be 30 miles. But I did monitor that the fuel for that leg was 10 mpg. I alway re fill when the tank drops to the 3/4 mark ..always have done.. so I filled in Flour and again in Mende and Florec .. both ways.

In general use I fill on the way out 12 miles down the road at the 24 hour Tesco in Sevenoaks and on approach to any show ground so I have full tanks for generator use.. and I fill on leaving a show and again back at Sevenoaks on the way in if it is at the 3/4 mark or less. So over 11,000 miles it is 14.80 mpg .. that is why I say 14/15 mpg and that is with generator use. I do not do a Buttons and claim 99 mpg:winky: But to be honest Terry I do not need to justfy what the RV does.. I give it as a guide. I could stay silent on the subject. But if you read the information I have on ebay and note there are no questions asked... I try and be honest and tell everything there is about the RV ... I want the next owner to enjoy his purchase.. by the way have you seen the large feedback i have on ebay ..all 100% over 11 years.. all positive.. I try and deal with issues like this in an honourable way and that does not mean I mislead people on how many mpg it does.

Bob
Good morning Bob, it is nice to hear again your dulcet tones. Glad to see you have come back standing proud with gloves raised. I dont have time today but hopefully I will catch up with this interesting post later.
All the best Buttons :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I always love the helpful comments

Anything is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.

I always love the helpful comments... or is it Heckers as Clive of the Griffs says.... If we all worked on the principal you suggest then I suspect a lot of European motor homes would be for sale for ever... as I would not spend my money on one for a host of reasons.

So where did my comment above about european motor homes advance the debate? not at all.... I think by now having advertised it for 6 weeks in two places starting at £34k and now down to £24,999 I might have worked that one out that people thought it was to expensive... or is it there is no money out there? But when an item reaches a figure .. often it is not worth the effort of selling it, but just keeping it. Providing it is not going to cost an arm and a leg to do so.

Wish I had kept my Mk 9 jag... sold that for £25 all those years ago... worth that in thousands now.

It will run it's course of the adverts a few weeks left ... may or may not go to France/Spain in September.. or may just moth ball it until next season and offer it for sale again.

But I have reached the bottom figure I am willing to go to. I can be a stubborn person when I want and it is now a battle of wills.

Bob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Yes back now and then Buttons

Good morning Bob, it is nice to hear again your dulcet tones. Glad to see you have come back standing proud with gloves raised. I dont have time today but hopefully I will catch up with this interesting post later.
All the best Buttons :thumb:

Hi Buttons, yes back .. now and then... new gloves.. but resolved to not get involved as much.

I enjoy my banter with yourself, terry, treacle and a few un-named desperadoes. But when I have to read and re read my posts to make sure they are all PC then it is to much effort. I still believe in free speech.. even if some claim outrageous mileage for the VW's :winky: seriously

I think Cilve (The Griffs) sums it up best when he described it as Hecklers.. from the Muppets... saying things that do not advance the debate (I love a good debate)... silly remarks or those that are clearly inflammatory do not advance the debate. I personally can do without that sort of involvement. I will pop in now and then and join in if I fill it is worth while. Otherwise I will sit on the touch line.

Bob

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Hi Buttons, yes back .. now and then... new gloves.. but resolved to not get involved as much.

I enjoy my banter with yourself, terry, treacle and a few un-named desperadoes. But when I have to read and re read my posts to make sure they are all PC then it is to much effort. I still believe in free speech.. even if some claim outrageous mileage for the VW's :winky: seriously

I think Cilve (The Griffs) sums it up best when he described it as Hecklers.. from the Muppets... saying things that do not advance the debate (I love a good debate)... silly remarks or those that are clearly inflammatory do not advance the debate. I personally can do without that sort of involvement. I will pop in now and then and join in if I fill it is worth while. Otherwise I will sit on the touch line.

Bob
Don't let the Barstewards get you down Bob. :winky:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Good morning to one and all ::bigsmile:As most of you will know I have been watching the prices on RVs for the past few months just to get a basic idea on there worth out of interest (worthless to me personally simply because I have no use for one::bigsmile:)there are quite a few bargains out there and a lot are not selling so that may well equate to cheaper better bargains :thumb: I have been surprised that both Bobs van Link Removed and OLD MO's 2007,17,000 mls 30 footer with triple slides and LPG conversion (sorry no link :winky:) both with loads of extras (not as many as there was on Bobs now:winky:) and both look to be bargains :thumb:
Times are hard and as Wifys dad says all vans are only worth what anyone is prepared to pay for it :Smile:
terry
edit not looking to advance the debate but simply plug both vans -this time :Smile:

Last edited:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
terry all plugs welcome even a plug for the bath

Good morning to one and all ::bigsmile:As most of you will know I have been watching the prices on RVs for the past few months just to get a basic idea on there worth out of interest (worthless to me personally simply because I have no use for one::bigsmile:)there are quite a few bargains out there and a lot are not selling so that may well equate to cheaper better bargains :thumb: I have been surprised that both Bobs van Link Removed and OLD MO's 2007,17,000 mls 30 footer with triple slides and LPG conversion (sorry no link :winky:) both with loads of extras (not as many as there was on Bobs now:winky:) and both look to be bargains :thumb:
Times are hard and as Wifys dad says all vans are only worth what anyone is prepared to pay for it :Smile:
terry
edit not looking to advance the debate but simply plug both vans -this time :Smile:

Thank you Terry.. I am sure Mo would say the same.

Any plug is welcome... does it work? yes .. I monitor the hits on the item and it rose this morning from 58 on the watch list to 61 ... and the page turners from 2,194 to 2,244 since 07.29 to now at 09.09... just as shame no one contacts me for a viewing.

I am aware that Gary a member of this site in East Grinstead has his Winnebago (Minnie) 32' up on auto trader and he has taken that down from £34 k to £29k as well.. so yes there are bargains to be had and I do feel it is the situation of money availability in the UK and Europe in general at this time. It will be interesting talking to some of the traders and seeing how there years has been... I know one trader that did Malvern last year and did poor.. when I spoke to him at Peterborough he said he was not doing it again.. yet he is now on the list again.. is he desperate? But as I say Terry any plug is good.. bath or sink or one helping me sell my RV.... thanks

Bob

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Buying a motorhome - most important?

When I was looking for a MH I had a 'wish list' - fixed bed, aircon, swivel seats, .......When we looked at vans, and we saw quite a few I had not realised what she was looking for.

Eventually I saw what turned out to be the MH (classified ad on ebay) and we went to view. Up to that point my wife had shown very little interest, humouring me.

She says "I like the colour of the upholstery" - that was it - sorted!

As long as everything works, (heating & TV) she's happy - so I'm happy

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
From £34k to £24,999 as Terry said

As Terry said at the start of the thread in his opening remarks.. £34k to £24,999.

I just looked at the advert and it has 62 with it on there watch list. the page turners so far add up to 2,263.

So do people put items on there watch lists to compare prices... dreaming that it might come down more (as I have said on the advert.. NO it will not) there has to be an end figure and we have well and truly reached it.

I would love to have seen a study ... I am sure there must be one out there about the habits of those that use the internet selling sites.

I am not stranger to them.. I sold a couple weeks ago a large z gauge train layout well over £500...... I have been buying and selling on ebay for 11 years now or is it 12? anyway, I wonder what makes people add something to a watch list... any ideas.... leaving alone my RV.. just the idea why people click on the add to watch list...

Bob

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Well I for one add things to watch list if I am looking to buy but not yet made my mind up on exactly what / which I want :thumb:
Then again I also have a few RVs on a recent watch list ::bigsmile:No real interest :Sad:
I also get a email when Ambulances come onto ebay :Doh: and I also add vans to watch list just to see how much they go for/get re-listed for (more so at the moment)::bigsmile: One day I will buy either a ambulance or a van :thumb: but when I do I will know how much to pay :winky:
terry
EDIT I also have about 4 rear view cameras on the W/L now :winky:

Last edited:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I am watching some Gonio model trucks

Well I for one add things to watch list if I am looking to buy but not yet made my mind up on exactly what / which I want :thumb:
Then again I also have a few RVs on a recent watch list ::bigsmile:No real interest :Sad:
I also get a email when Ambulances come onto ebay :Doh: and I also add vans to watch list just to see how much they go for/get re-listed for (more so at the moment)::bigsmile: One day I will buy either a ambulance or a van :thumb: but when I do I will know how much to pay :winky:
terry
EDIT I also have about 4 rear view cameras on the W/L now :winky:

I myself have some Gonio tin army trucks on my watch list at the moment. Like you I can see price trends and what comes up (not many of them do)...

Have revamped the add ... using a template provide by one of our members.. see if that does anything.

Bob

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I myself have some Gonio tin army trucks on my watch list at the moment. Like you I can see price trends and what comes up (not many of them do)...

Have revamped the add ... using a template provide by one of our members.. see if that does anything.

Bob

You could at least put a link to it to save me looking again :winky:
Link Removed
terry

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Ebay sales

Just checked Motorhomes 'completed listings' on Ebay (see options on left column) of the last 200 listed about 30 are shown as sold, most are 'cheapies' , only 3 were over £19k .

Showing sold doesn't mean sold, I have seen 'sold' MHs re-listed when sales fall through

Ebay is a cheap advertising site and probably, along with Autotrader the main platform for advertising MHs. With Ebay you will always get 'bid' no matter how cheap the price. Set your minimum price and add a grand......

I am sure sales are completed 'outside ebay' - you wouldn't really buy a MH unseen - Would You??

Selling a MH isn't easy - just remember how 'choosy' you were when it came to layout, equipment, age, mileage, and price - selling a RV must be that much more difficult - just keep advertising - there will be someone out there

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
As Terry said at the start of the thread in his opening remarks.. £34k to £24,999.

I just looked at the advert and it has 62 with it on there watch list. the page turners so far add up to 2,263.

So do people put items on there watch lists to compare prices... dreaming that it might come down more (as I have said on the advert.. NO it will not) there has to be an end figure and we have well and truly reached it.

I would love to have seen a study ... I am sure there must be one out there about the habits of those that use the internet selling sites.

I am not stranger to them.. I sold a couple weeks ago a large z gauge train layout well over £500...... I have been buying and selling on ebay for 11 years now or is it 12? anyway, I wonder what makes people add something to a watch list... any ideas.... leaving alone my RV.. just the idea why people click on the add to watch list...

Bob

My RV is also for sale on ebay (R-Vision Trail-lite American RV Motorhome only 28' Long, Slideout, Fixed Bed) and it also quite a few watchers and page views (approx. 88 watchers and 2,222 page views)

But like Bob I'm aware that these figures don't mean much. People add items to there watch list for a number of reasons...(to follow price trends, to see if items sell, get reduced in price and of course just to be able to find the ad again easily, to name just a few.)

That said, if the ad only had 7 views and no watchers in would be indicative to me that the there was something wrong and that WOULD concern me.

Over the many years I've been buying and selling on ebay I've come to the conclusion that in may cases it is just a waiting game....in the case of an RV it is sometimes just a case of advertising it until the RIGHT eyes fall upon it.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I agree Bryan fully with your views

My RV is also for sale on ebay (R-Vision Trail-lite American RV Motorhome only 28' Long, Slideout, Fixed Bed) and it also quite a few watchers and page views (approx. 88 watchers and 2,222 page views)

But like Bob I'm aware that these figures don't mean much. People add items to there watch list for a number of reasons...(to follow price trends, to see if items sell, get reduced in price and of course just to be able to find the ad again easily, to name just a few.)

That said, if the ad only had 7 views and no watchers in would be indicative to me that the there was something wrong and that WOULD concern me.

Over the many years I've been buying and selling on ebay I've come to the conclusion that in may cases it is just a waiting game....in the case of an RV it is sometimes just a case of advertising it until the RIGHT eyes fall upon it.

Fully agree with your views Bryan.. not everyone watches ebay every day and new buyers come along all the time. I have hit the bottom price so I will just leave it running. Not sure if we are going to France/Spain in September so may pull it off after this one and decide when to re list it.

I have changed the words to see if that gets more interest. Last 4 week period it reach 2,500 page turnings, so it is getting to the same sort of levels....

Bob

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hopefully some helpful feedback on your new advert

Many families with school age children are likely to be on holiday or enjoying the sunshine rather than looking at motorhomes in August.

Did you really mean to include the word analful in red at the beginning of the description. Would I take it as an insult as a watcher possibly interested in buying - yes I would - but then I can be touchy at times.

I am sure in business many businessmen refer quietly to their clients using all sorts of derogatory words, but think they would soon have to close their doors if they did it face to face on publicly in writing.

Having trawled through ebay and loads of other adverts when we were looking, this would have put us off and made us wary

If there are so many page turners does that mean theres something wrong with it? (I am sure there isnt)

I also looked for habitation check dates but cant see one listed on yours. This is worth adding if you have an uptodate one

Something else that I used was the vehicle checker and I did HPI checks etc on all vehicles prior to viewing. You might consider adding that option too.

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Hello Bob, missed you not posting!

Just a few personal opinions -

I think wivvy's dad is right in writing it is worth what someone will pay for it.
But that is taken in conjunction with there is always a buyer at your price out there somewhere... providing you are prepared to wait.

Just took a look at your ad and as others have said it is cleaner and more to the point than before. I do have my own opinion on other changes you can make (pm me if you are interested) but would comment on 2 aspects, no make that 3.

Writing how many lookers and watchers is self defeating, it looks negative and looks as though you are either Mr Angry or a little desperate. As I think you are into things USA you will know full well that negative doesn't exist in selling there and to a large extent neither does it here either.

Second point on the listing is up the text size say from 10 to 12 or 12 to 14 whatever it is.

I formed both those opinions within a couple of seconds, and a third in another 3 seconds as I started to read the detail - Small American RV should be ' Compact American RV ' small is read as a negative in this context, again in my opinion.

The lookers and watchers thing. What no one here is mentioning is a great deal of the MH & RV trade are watching what you are doing. To get good ideas or see where you fail, it's normal practice in a competative world.

Many of your friends and fellow forum members are watching just hoping to see it sold, they watch because they are rooting for you. You are well known (I think) in the MH world, so a large number will watch and hope for you, it must make up quite a number?

Yes i am an active trader on eBay and as others watch for trends. For us trading items worth up to a max of maybe £600 - £700 we will get 80 to 120 watchers, between 3 - 6 people will bid and that percentage (for our products) is fairly stable.

My hardest eBay experience to cope with was selling a caravan earlier this year. Number of watchers and lookers was astronomical and the caravan was well bid too, but the amount of effort to supply extra photos and further information (and as you I give a great deal in the original listing) was amazing, so maybe it's this caravan / MH trade that's the problem?

Written too much already, good luck with it all.

Last edited:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Thank you for the suggestions

Thank you all for the suggestions.. taken on board as can be seen. I have to thank Burstner for the revamp of the words.... plus noted what you say Gail and yes Veevee I have changed the size and the word small.

Thanks all for your interest.

Bob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
changing the layout got me a phone call

Changing the layout has got me a call from someone ... he is coming to Malvern.

Bob

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
THANK god ::bigsmile:let's hope he has some cash :thumb:then all we have to do is find a buyer for Mo's ::bigsmile: oooh forgot there's Bryan's too :Doh:::bigsmile:
terry

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
oh well the man is not coming

Oh well the man is not coming to Malvern...

the weather forecast has put him off.. I do hope it is not going to be another Peterborough.

and before someone says it drains.. I have been there for other events when the ground was like a bog.... seems we are in the top field where the sheep normally are and that can be a bad place as it drains to a gateway. Near the exit...

Bob:Sad::Sad::Sad::Sad:

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
[HI]Oh well the man is not coming to Malvern...

the weather forecast has put him off.. I[/HI] do hope it is not going to be another Peterborough.

and before someone says it drains.. I have been there for other events when the ground was like a bog.... seems we are in the top field where the sheep normally are and that can be a bad place as it drains to a gateway. Near the exit...

Bob:Sad::Sad::Sad::Sad:

If he were thinking seriously about spending £25,000, it should take a little more than weather to put him off. Probably better without that sort of potential buyer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back