Bobs RV reduced yet again!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Terry, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Terry

Terry Funster

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  2. Popeye

Popeye Funster

That's an awful lot of camper van for £25K. Someone just has to buy that.

Why so cheap though, is it simply the fuel consumption that put people off or are they a bit of a white elephant.......:thumb:

3. Pikey Pete

Pikey Pete Read Only Funster

If ever some one didn't really want to sell something, that's the way to do it.

I doubt if anyone has the time to read it all, never mind go and look at it.

Pete:Cool:

4. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

I was checking post on Malvern yesterday

I was checking the posts on Malvern yesterday at 5.30... given the weather forecast Terry... if you think you can not get stuck at Malvern - wrong... But I am hoping... no praying it is not as bad as Peterborough.. could it be? I am using a power chair this time not the scooter so rain scares me.

RIGHT: RV

Thanks for the plug Terry... yes it is now £24,999 but you will see it is much more down to barebones... but that in it's self will beat an European motorhome hands down.

Yes I have had silly offers.. had various vans offered in PX ... I need to buy separately a suitable vehicle like a Vaneo to carry my power chair .. had some real bad ones offered.

As of today at 15.20 there were 52 people with it on there watch list.. and 1,842 page turners.

Last time round less had less on the watch list (33) but 3,000 page turners.

We tried a shorten advert for 5 days to see if that changed things.. just the basic's .. no made no difference. Except one idiot that must have sent me 10 emails and has no idea what an RV is about..... I would not with a clear conscious selling it to someone like that in any case.

It is on Ebay and in Auto Trader....

I have loss the Toy hauler I had marked down to me.. so it does not matter now... I will sell it now or next year... NO TERRY it is not the money.. it is the space I have sold the big trailer, but cannot have another RV here until this one goes.. as the toy hauler deal has fallen through I will just plod along with selling it... either as advertised or with all the goodies.

It is a lot of RV for the money and yes if anyone wants to have a look at Malvern pop a long and take a nose.

Why have I been quite for so long? By the way thanks to you that emailed me, p.m'd me and telephoned me. Those of you know the reasons and that is enough said.

I may post from time to time, but have decided to just sit back and read again now and then. MHF is not all I do in my life. The RV is important to me, but again I have a life outside it.

I am looking forward to meeting up with some of our friends at Malvern... but we have decided to do very few shows next year if at all. Once the RV has gone we will hunt out a toy hauler and we have some travel plans given Sue leaves the NHS for the second time in March when the government does away with the PCT's .. it is time we did some of those long haul tours we have talked about for the past 28 years of owning RV's and motor homes.

My disability means that I am at the end of the road with the present RV... So it is time for it to go to a new home. All I know is who ever gets it will get one hell of a lot of motor home for the money, and as many know my RV is in tip top condition with all the toys. AND Terry no it is not going down any more in price..even the PX has now gone from the words.

I hate to see it sit on the drive doing nothing... but this year it went to the mud bath at Peterborough (NEVER AGAIN) and a three week trip to France ... Plus Malvern... not 1,000 miles in total.... it still is under 20k on the clock.

But to address another posters remarks about cost of running them? No I just think that is the reason....... the UK has at long last woken up to the double dip recession and money is hard to find. This will be one show I doubt we will be buying anything... Peterborough I only purchased a £200 knife set... and a lot of Cobb bricks for my cobb unit.. but otherwise I did not spend any money.. I think next weekend it will be much the same... I have it all for the RV and unless I really need it or want it I doubt I will be showing the queen day light. .. yes could do with one of the other knives the chap had at Peterborough... I like cooking. The paring knife is next on the list.

And yes Clive.. I have the SA food loaded in the freezer. plus your cobb bricks and plenty for the BBQ beside.

And lastly you will all be pleased to hear I am not bring the steel guitar or the Ukulele.

Do come and say hi to me at the show... the power wheelchair is not as easy to use on grass as a scooter (ask Smudger)...

Bob

• Like Like x 11
  5. Popeye

Popeye Funster

Well Bob, all I can say is the very best of luck this time, coz at that price it has to be a very good buy for some-one.

I know Old Mo's is similar to the one I rented in the States, but over there I didn't give a lot of thought to the fuel consumption. Any way, I'm confident you won't own that for much longer, she's a beaut...........:thumb:

6. Griffs

Griffs Funster

Well stated Bob. The MHF Forum can be a very useful place, but lately Muppets comes to mind, as in Statler & Waldorf (Hecklers from The Balcony!) Nobody minds good natured banter but carping & heckling can be extremely wearing

Look forward to seeing you in Malvern :thumb:

Clive & Rhian

Griffs

• Like Like x 3
  7. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

It is such a damned shame you cannot seem to get the worth of your van Bob..
    All joshing aside about size etc, it really is one hell of a lot of vehicle for that money...and yes, a decent size too :thumb:
    I guess it is the sign of the economic climate when sush a bargain is not being picked up on :Sad:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Billy23

Billy23 Funster

Well said, Bob I have never met you but I am on a tour doing part of UK and will drop into Malvern on Friday and hope to meet up with you.

• Like Like x 1
  9. slobadoberbob

Day visitors

Hope you do make it... But normally security will not let day visitors through the gate in to the camping area.. They demand to see a wrist band... They do not ask to see them the other way.. At times the two gates seem to have no one on duty... Just kick of the time... My mobile number is in my eBay advert and I can be contacted via that at the show... Going to play also with my mifi.

Regards

Bob

10. Terry

Terry Funster

May I be the first to say welcome back Bob :thumb::BigGrin:I am glad you have stopped throwing the toys out :Smile: I missed the banter :BigGrin: Yes there is life other than on fun but it is better for you being on :thumb::BigGrin:I still do not believe 15 mpg :Wink: but then again it is only 23' 9 "
    terry

11. slobadoberbob

Have no issues with the banter Terry

I had no issues with the batter Terry... As Clive (Griffs) said it is the hecklers ...

Yes .. Hand on heart it does 15 mpg including the genny use.... As you say it is 23'9" and it is only 5.5 tons all up .... The same engine in the 34' RV's. .. As it is a baby and can do that sort on MPG... And no that is not a Buttons dog tail (tale)...

But I will not be posting so often Terry...do not wants third strike from JIM do I... Would mean I have to find another site or even worse start my own:Wink:

But thanks for the plug... I checked the advert and after your plug and my reply the page turns shot up. Shame none of them have any money:Blush:

Bob

12. Terry

Terry Funster

I think if it had got LPG/engine conversion it would have sold by now :thumb:After all as you say it is only euro size -just the yank v10 engine that is holding it back,then again it is beginning to get to the price where it will be worth somebody buying and doing the LPG conversion :thumb::BigGrin::Wink:
    terry

• Like Like x 1
  13. Barclaybasher

Barclaybasher Funster

When I was into yachts there was a saying :
    The two best days of owning your boat :
    The day you buy it and the day you sell it

Probably applies to MHs

Very nice van (wish I had a slideout), downside the V10 and no fixed bed.

If anything I would say that too many extras are listed, if it were a house the advice would be to 'de-personalise'

Bought my 9 year old eurovan last year - only 'extras' were EHU cable and full gas bottle, apart from that the van was 'standard' - well spec'd when new but absolutely nothing added in 8 years.

Not many enjoy the selling process but best of luck with selling yours

• Like Like x 1
  14. andyman

andyman Read Only Funster

You have said what I have been thinking for a while, but would'nt say. With so many add on's it has been "Customised" to Bob's own requirements.
    If you do want/need the extras they are worth nothing.
    I have added a few bit to my own bus, Solar Panel, Bike Rack, Sat System and a few smaller bits. Despite spending around a £1000 I doubt it adds much value if any. But it may help sell it when the time comes.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

You really mean to tell me I could have afforded it after all !!!!!!

Tough luck too late now

• Like Like x 1
  16. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

i have a 27foot RV with a chevey V8 7.4Ltr AND I GET 15MPG SO YOU CAN BELIEVE BOB

WHY SHOULD HE LIE ???????
    IF HE SOLD IT AND STATED IN HIS ADVERT THE BUYER COULD SUE HIM

YOU NEED TO TRY BEFORE YOU HAVE SO MUCH NONSENSE TO SAY ABOUT THE SUBJECT
    I GET 20mpg on LPG you do the maths ???
    69pence a lltr 4.8ltr = 1 gallon
    RVs are not as expensive to run as you so stupidly think

• Like Like x 2
  17. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

A lot of very well specced van for the money but some ebay lookers are generally a waste of space.

Had a nice Hymer on there and some twit offered me £15k against a screen price of £26k:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Good luck Bob

Peter

18. Barclaybasher

Barclaybasher Funster

If you list so many 'extras' the buyer might feel that the 'extras' are included in the asking price. I would list the van (at the same price) with less detail with the 'extras' thrown in giving the buyer the impression that the 'extras' are free.

Aim the advertising at those that would have the same reason as you for buying the van - access to bathroom? - slideout gives more useable space - for a couple rather than a family - ......................

Ebay, for MHs, should be used as a cheap advert - which it is. Any genuine buyer will want to view - idiots will bid you, item unseen - just ignore them or ask them to view.

19. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi MHL I had a 5.7ltr ram pick up weighing 21/2 ton ish and never got above 12 mpg driving like I had eggs under my feet :BigGrin:No one will convince me they are getting 15 mpg from a yank M/H :Doh:Even your figures do not add up :Eeek:you claim you get 15 MPG yet you then claim 20 MPG on gas :Doh:Well for your info I have had a couple of gas vehicles and they did just short of double MPG = petrol /gas IE 15 mpg petrol to equivalent about 28 mpg on gas
    I challenge you to come and follow me to a petrol station- fill up :thumb: and then follow me around for the day or go on a 100/200 mile run then brim up again :thumb:We will then see who's MPG figures are right :Eeek:If I win you pay for both vans juice and if you win I will pay for it :thumb:You are both delusional if you think you are getting 15 mpg on petrol but you may just about get the= 20 mpg on gas :BigGrin:The only way you get the sort of MPG figures you claim is if you coast a lot or drop the van off a cliff
    terry

20. slobadoberbob

Yes Gail

Yes Gail.. but with a lot of the expensive items removed. I note what people say.... I can take off only so much.. cannot remove such items as the alarms, the roof sat, the sterling... I would not remove back up cameras.. could.. but I am letting it go at a very low price now and the items left on enhance it rather than reduce the value.. the second part of the lists on ebay can and will be removed but if a new owner wants them they can haggle for them.

Anyway it will be at Malvern.

Bob

• Like Like x 1