Boat & Caravan Show, NEC

Discussion in 'Rally Planning Discussion and Chat' started by maz, Jan 28, 2011.

1. maz

maz Funster

This show is coming up in Feb but I haven't seen any mention of it in the forums. Is it worth a visit, or is it not 'motorhomey' enough?

2. imprint

imprint Read Only Funster

We're going, but that's not saying much! (Except we went last year, and enjoyed it.)

3. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Well we will be there running the Fiamma stand as usual.:thumb:

Wont be any used motorhomes there, only brand new, depends on what yiu are looking for.

Peter

4. 1_man_and_his_dob(lo)

1_man_and_his_dob(lo) Funster

If it's like the last 2 years, when I went, there'll be plenty of motorhome stuff. I've no need to visit this year...in fact I'm still recovering from last year and getting flashbacks :Eeek:

From experience.....if anyone is thinking of going....avoid Saturday if you can. It's very, very busy.

5. gozomike

gozomike Funster Life Member Life Member

Hi
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>I have been the last few years and always find plenty to look at. As Peter says there are no second hand Motorhomes but plenty of new ones and lots of accessories.:RollEyes: Also there are a many stands with details of UK and overseas destinations.
    <o:p></o:p>I am aiming at going on the first day again (22<SUP>nd </SUP>). :thumb:
    Mike

6. maz

maz Funster

Thanks everyone. I've put it down as one to visit if I manage to win one of the free ticket competitions I've entered. Otherwise I might save myself for Peterborough. :Smile:

7. Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo Funster Life Member

NEC

hi there guys we will be there on the CC temporary site on the friday and saturday night,we are going to the show on the saturday.we will be in our windsport.if your passing just knock on the door and come in for a coffee:thumb: regards brian jo and josh:thumb:

8. zaskar

zaskar Funster

The only one worth doing IMHO, certainly for Motorhomes.
    Also, IF you've got any energy left after looking at the 'vans, you can then go and see the boats as well, + the huge amount of accessory stands, I personally think its one of the best value shows going.
    We did Manchester GMEX for the first time in years a couple of weeks ago and frankly, it was STILL rubbish.
    Earls Court is OK, but definately not as good as NEC.

One tip, Take your own food/drink in a racksack (not a hand held bag cos its a pain to carry round) cos the food/drink prices are an utter disgrace at NEC.

9. Dalek

Dalek Read Only Funster

After much discussion of whether we take the motorhome and stay for the weekend our friends said they would like to go for the day, so thats what our plans now are. They have a 7 seater car, company fuel, free tickets so its gonna save us over £200 which we can now spend at the show :thumb:

10. 1Oll

1Oll Read Only Funster

Going to NEC and overnighting on site Tuesday.

Just booked for overnight tomorrow Tuesday at the CC site at the NEC. Giving the old Amethyst a run. Had it for 12 months and only used it once due to having a caravan (now sold) and the rather "tat" state when aquired. Only a bit of bodywork and a few bits and pieces to do now. Will be using this short trip as a shakedown. If we then need to buy anything at least there will be plenty of stock at the show. Just flushed and Miltoned the waterworks, the Autosleeper not mine and can you believed it was snowing a bit. If any of MHF crowd overnighting at the NEC our Amethyst has an OysterVision sat dish on top and the Reg number begins with OLL.

Regards 1OLL
    from normally Sunny Macclesfield.

11. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

Absolutely Zaskar. The prices they charge are horrendous, as they know they have captive custom. :Angry:

We are going on Thursday 23rd, but just for the day.

Cheers,

Jock & Rita.

12. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

I like this show I think its the best one of the year will be going tomorrow Wed.
    Love looking around the boats
    But I'll be taking the backpack with sanwiches and flask their prices for refreshments are bloody disgusting.:thumb:

13. Dalek

Dalek Read Only Funster

We are going for the day on Friday, any other Funsters going to be there that day?

Dale

14. imprint

imprint Read Only Funster

On our way today from Glen Haggis

15. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

We would have done too Rory, if Rita hadn't been working. It's a shame we'll miss each other. :Sad:

Have a great day,

Jock.

16. TDH

TDH Funster

We're going on Saturday. The Outdoors Show is running alongside so will be a very full day.

I wonder if we'll recognise anybody from their albums!

17. canopus

canopus Funster Life Member

We're going on Friday by car with boating friends. They are looking for a satellite system and we are looking for LED replacement liights for the MH.:RollEyes:

18. Dalek

Dalek Read Only Funster

We are also boating people so will be visiting both boat and motorhomes along with the outdoor show. You'll recognise me as I will be the woman who will be stressed out with 3 kids in tow, not all mine I might add:Rofl1:

Dale

19. hailman

hailman Read Only Funster

Went today on the way back from Cumbria, stayed at the Marston campsite which was fine. There is quite a good show of MH`s, although as it is called the `Boat and Caravan` show be prepared for a large amount of caravans. The boating section doesn`t really do it for me so we didn`t spend a lot of time there. Big section of park homes, usual suspects with the accessory stands etc.

Overall not a bad show, but watch out for the early queues for tickets if you have to buy one at the door, oh and the price of them of course :Eek!:

Oh yeh, nearly forgot, in the boating section is a F1 car driving challenge thingy, you know sit in the car and drive it round a video screen. Well, I had the fastest time up until we left so there is a challenge to see who gets the fastest time by the weekend :)