LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Amanda has packed her thermal vest and long johns just in case, but looking at the weather this morning we have lovely sunshine. See you soon and let the games begin:thumb:

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Lovely sunshine here too :thumb: but bringing my hot water bottle just in case :winky: and plenty of gas for the fire see you all about 2i sh are we eating in pub fri night too or do I have to cook :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Lovely sunshine here too :thumb: but bringing my hot water bottle just in case :winky: and plenty of gas for the fire see you all about 2i sh are we eating in pub fri night too or do I have to cook :Sad:

On Fri can eat in pub/eat elsewhere/cook for ourselves - whatever you like. I was probably going to cook a vegetarian meal for some of us on the Fri (but omnivores welcome as well :Smile: ) but cooker is playing up - not getting hot enough. :RollEyes: Could still do that if I can use someone else's oven?

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Have fun everyone and look after the games well

dont be dropping the tokens or counters between the floorboards or other any other crevice

xxxxxx

1 point? Jaws????

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
Hi Maz
Is there water on site? I'm happy to do a few trips with my watering can.
I've just found the answer to my question by scrolling backwards!

Last edited:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi Maz
Is there water on site? I'm happy to do a few trips with my watering can.

Yes water on site, Ive copied the Recce report Maz did below for you

Recce report

The meet is being held at the Hampstall Inn, Astley Burf, Stourport-on-Severn DY13 0RY. This is their website: Broken Link Removed

Pub is in a lovely location right next to the River Severn. We will be parking on hardstanding. There is no EHU.

The meet will run from Fri 11 Oct through to lunchtime on Mon 14 Oct. I will be there for the 3 nights but you can stay for as many or few nights as you wish.

Best route in is to turn off the B4196 at the crossroads into Bullhill Lane. This is signposted 'Astley Burf and Hampstall'. At the next junction, bear right onto Weather Lane and continue to follow this lane to its end in the pub car park. There are a couple of narrow stretches on the way but nothing too alarming. If heading north up the B4196, do not be tempted to take the earlier turning signposted 'Hampstall and Astley Burf' together with a brown signpost for 'Astley Vineyard' - this lane is seriously narrow!

Water and Elsan point are available at the side of the pub buildings. I will point out their location to Funsters as they arrive. There is a rubbish container on site.

We will be parking up in the rear section of the car park, and parking diagonally to allow maximum access through the car park. I will park at the appropriate angle and as you arrive please park parallel to my van - either nose in or tail in, whichever you prefer. I aim to be on site around 10am so you are welcome to arrive any time from 10.30am onwards.

A short distance from the pub a footpath leads to Shrawley Wood, which is a good place for dog walking. Dogs are allowed into the conservatory area of the pub, where there are a number of tables (for board gaming and eating).

Cost is £4.50 per van per night, payable direct to the pub landlord. As agreed, we will all be eating in the pub on the Sat night. Thank you all for letting me know your menu choices - I have passed these on to the landlord. Other nights you are free to eat wherever you like.

For those of you who don't already have my mobile number, I will send it to you in a PM. It would be useful to know roughly when you expect to arrive but not essential. If I am not at my van when you arrive, I won't be far away and you can ring me if you have any problems.

If there's anything you want to know that I've forgotten, please let me know.

See you soon!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Smile:Be careful, Gail, I believe there is a large crevice on the car park .. so watch your tyres. Apparently they are all over the country due to neglect by councils.. but rail and bus services are better.

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
On Fri can eat in pub/eat elsewhere/cook for ourselves - whatever you like. I was probably going to cook a vegetarian meal for some of us on the Fri (but omnivores welcome as well :Smile: ) but cooker is playing up - not getting hot enough. :RollEyes: Could still do that if I can use someone else's oven?
I have a cooker:thumb: oven never been used tho :Blush: so cant say if it is ok or not . I will bring some salad :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
small meet - big success!!

Just returned after a wonderful weekend with extremely kind and friendly funsters. Excellent food, beautiful location and best of all I am now an 'expert' :winky: rummikub ,10 days in Africa and forbidden island player:Smile:. Got to sample some delicious home made cakes, biscuits and some 'proper' coffee and welsh cakes .....mmmm Brilliant weekend I am still smiling:Smile:

Board games are not boring! :roflmto:

Thanks so much to Maz for organizing it and to everyone for making me so welcome. :thumb:

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Glad you enjoyed it, Hilary. It was good to meet up with you again. :Smile:

And thanks for keeping me supplied with cider as I worked up a thirst playing all those board games! :thumb:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
A BIG THANKYOU Maz and funsters for a lovely weekend

from us three :thumb:

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
What a wonderful meet :thumb::thumb:

Thankyou Maz for your tireless efforts in organising this :thumb:

Let's do this again!!!!

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Thank you everyone for making this a small but special meet. I thoroughly enjoyed it. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back