Board Game Meet anyone? (1 Viewer)

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Never heard of any of these games only monopoly so could be quite a mind blowing weekend for me :Eeek: but still could be interested. :thumb: Nice pub roaring fire lots of laughs bring it on:thumb:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Can I just say, well I will even without permission, that we can't do the October weekend because I'll be in London. However, the November weekend is just after Longridge so we could do that one. It just sounds such fun and we'd love to go. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Can I just say, well I will even without permission, that we can't do the October weekend because I'll be in London. However, the November weekend is just after Longridge so we could do that one. It just sounds such fun and we'd love to go. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Any other preferences for Oct or Nov?

Later today or tomorrow I'll ring the pub to find out more details. :Smile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm not sure if this is a good idea for me. Would I want all those ralliers to see me sobbing uncontrollably when my token slides all the way down that slippery snake. :cry::cry::roflmto:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Oh we'll be close. Staying at Greater London House, which is now a Premier Inn I do believe. Sadly I'll have to decline you kind offer since my sister will be with me and we will be busy playing at being tourists.

In the meantime, does anyone know how to get cheap (if poss) theatre tickets? We haven't decided on a show and might be flexible. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Sorry Ivy

Sheila & I going to Kenwood House concert this Weekend

Royal Philharmonic Orchestra & Chorus.:Smile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Ivy, there is a ticket office in Leicester Square that sells discounted tickets for that days shows. You choose which show you want to see, the prices are displayed, and then queue up to buy your tickets.
If you google "theatre tickets" you will find plenty of on line agencies offering discounted tickets in advance. We have used the following link to purchase ours.

Brisey.

http://www.londontheatre.co.uk/tickets/

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Ok - getting back on topic :RollEyes: - the Board Game Meet.

I have spoken to the landlord of the Hampstall Inn at Stourport, who was very helpful. :Smile:

Unfortunately November is not going to be an option as he already has caravan rallies booked for the weekends of 15-18 and 22-25 Nov. Earlier in November would clash with the Whitby Goth and Longbridge meets.

So that leaves October. I know that Ivy cannot make the 18-21 Oct weekend so how about 11-14 Oct instead? I'm trying to avoid later in October as that is when schools are on half-term holiday.

Our rate is a bargain £4.50 per van per night, on hardstanding, no electric. We would be expected to eat in the pub on the Sat night (shouldn't imagine this will cause too much hardship - vegetarian options will be available). He is happy for us to play board games in the pub - there is a large conservatory area that overlooks the river that should be ideal; also a lounge bar. If the weather is good, there are plenty of outside tables and chairs/benches as well. :Smile:

Link to the pub is repeated below for convenience:
Broken Link Removed

I know that Gail was hoping the location could be nearer to Essex (sorry, honey) but maybe the bargain rate will make up for a little extra diesel?

As 11 October is not that far off, please can you post in this thread asap if you'd like to attend. Thank you. :Smile:

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
I'd be up for one in Devon or Cornwall :RollEyes::winky:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Any other preferences for Oct or Nov?

Later today or tomorrow I'll ring the pub to find out more details. :Smile:

November would be better for me. I haven't convinced Colin that he wants to do this one yet, so I may be brave and come by myself:whatthe:

Ops, sorry I hadn't read all of the thread before posting. We will be travelling back from France that weekend so unfortunately will not be able to make it.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
Count me in :thumb:

I've been checking out the prices for Pandemic, but it's loads of money :cry:

I reckon that I've really got the bug as I have found a local board games group that I may join. It'd certainly be a good way of road testing some of the modern games.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Count me in :thumb:

I've been checking out the prices for Pandemic, but it's loads of money :cry:

I reckon that I've really got the bug as I have found a local board games group that I may join. It'd certainly be a good way of road testing some of the modern games.

'Forbidden Island' is a lighter version of Pandemic - the mechanics are pretty similar from what I've read. You might be able to pick up Pandemic on ebay for a reasonable price. I'm very willing to play it. :Smile:

There's what appears to be a very good board games group in Leamington Spa. So much so that I would consider over-wintering there if I could find a cheap all year site. ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
So can we make some headway with dates in October? Need to know who has a preference for 11-14 and who for 18-21 so I can get the venue booked. Will go with the majority preference.

Unless we manage to make it into a 10-day meet covering both weekends ........... ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Ok I'll start a proper list - you know, so that it looks as if I actually know how to organise a meet. :winky:

The list - small but perfectly formed ::bigsmile:

1. Peter H - either date
2. catspyjamas -
3. maz - either date

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi Maz, can you please add us to the list.

Amanda Bill & Kate (Ambilkate)

Amanda has her triominoes, rumikub, snakes ladders, bendy dominoes, ludo & monopoly.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi Maz, can you please add us to the list.

Amanda Bill & Kate (Ambilkate)

Amanda has her triominoes, rumikub, snakes ladders, bendy dominoes, ludo & monopoly.

Excellent! ::bigsmile:

Any preference as to date - 11-14 or 18-21 Oct?

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
The list - small but perfectly formed ::bigsmile:

1. Peter H - either date
2. catspyjamas -
3. maz - either date
4. Ambilkate - either date

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
"I know that Gail was hoping the location could be nearer to Essex (sorry, honey) but maybe the bargain rate will make up for a little extra diesel?"

Sorry Maz doubt we will make this one, although the rate sounds excellent. Having taken 5.5 hours to get to malvern its just not worth it for us for a friday evening through to sunday.

For longer journeys we are now pretty much restricted to Robert's college timetable so uncertain what meets we will be able to attend that are over a 2 hour trek because we know to add at least another hour to hour and a half just to get out of london and thats without accidents.

Have a great time though and get yourself out to some car boot sales you can pick up some great bargains on games there xxxx have fun

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Sorry Maz doubt we will make this one, although the rate sounds excellent. Having taken 5.5 hours to get to malvern its just not worth it for us for a friday evening through to sunday.

For longer journeys we are now pretty much restricted to Robert's college timetable so uncertain what meets we will be able to attend that are over a 2 hour trek because we know to add at least another hour to hour and a half just to get out of london and thats without accidents.

Have a great time though and get yourself out to some car boot sales you can pick up some great bargains on games there xxxx have fun

Hi Gail. That's a shame but I appreciate the difficulties of getting around London. :Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back