bluwater shopping centre

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by mr bond, Apr 23, 2010.

1. mr bond

mr bond

has anyone been to bluewater shopping centre in their van if so is the parking suitable for a 29 foot motor and is there anywhere around to wild camp would realy appreciate any feedback as want to go on the weekend :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

2. Diabalo

Diabalo Funster

Coaches park there so it may be worth a ring to see if you can park your bus, as for free camping, I can only think of laybys where you would be able to park, but not sure if you would get moved on by the old bill or not.:thumb:

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

I believe Olley has been there several times in his Winnie and parks in the coach area.. no doubt he will be on to give you more details..

Sorry, can't help with wild camping

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  4. Red Sonja

Red Sonja Funster

I have seen vans parked in Bluewater. As Diablo says give them a ring. They may even let you overnight there if you ask.

As for wild camping. I would say its a bit of a no goer. Lorries park for the night on most of the available spaces.

Due to its proximity to the Dartford Tunnel Lorries used to park for the night everywhere. This caused the local Asda to put up height barriers and for yellow lines to be introduced locally. Police then sent them to University Way where they can be found now on specially reinforced laybys.

I only live a few miles from Bluewater and cant think of anywhere at all that would be safe for the night that is really close. If anything comes to mind I will post again.

Sonja

5. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

6. barbt

barbt Read Only Funster

You should be able to park where the coaches park - just ask.
    We headed out of Bluewater towards Lakeside and found a decent layby - no problems with parking there. It's great for Xmas shopping - as our granddaughter said " if we haven't spent all our money, lets stay the night and then start again in the morning". Have fun!