Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
I was at the shopping centre on Saturday afternoon, you may have heard about a suspect package being found so all the shops in that section of Bluewater went into lock down, security roped off the two corner sections affected preventing and access through both levels. In many ways this was good for customer safety but it looked like everybody could not give a flying fish as they just wanted to do their Christmas shopping. I know a small bang in France will cause mad panic at the moment but here even though the centre was very busy and an obvious target for the brainless bombers the sense of panic at Bluewater was zero, in fact all people wanted to know was why they were being preventing access, yet security kept quiet, rightly or wrongly I'm not sure, not helping matters was that the affected section included the food hall.
On days before the French attack security would seal off a small area then one of them might have gone to look at the bag but now it is seal it off and call in the professionals, so 2 minutes closure becomes 2 hours and national news, and all because some person has forgotten their bag by accident.

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Being an ex EOD doghandler, it is far better for the area to be sealed and the experts called in as they can search area and preserve any clues where as a inexperienced person could destroy vital clues thru not knowing what to look for

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back