Bluetooth Transmitters (1 Viewer)

Jul 3, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 yrs
Anybody out there recommend a bluetooth transmitter for an Avtex TV? We have a bluetooth speaker, but the Avtex doesn't have bluetooth. I have 'googled' transmitters and have received many, many 'best' to buy ideas. Could really do with advice from Funsters please.
I am assuming (correctly???) that the transmitter will plug into the headphone socket which is on the side of the Avtex and then chat to the the speaker when TV is on? Is this correct? Many thanks!

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I have looked at this before as a solution to poor quality audio on the TV but have been told that the lag on bluetooth often makes it a poor viewing experience. In other words very bad lip-synching.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Could you not just connect pc type powered speakers to the TV ? Could even include a sub ?
Connected to audio out

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Should have said, that's what I use , a pair of PC speakers with an audio plug and a USB power connection, works a treat. I think I got them for £10.99 in Maplins a couple of years ago.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I have one of these:
Broken Link Removed

No problem using it and take power from USB port. Works a treat connecting to my Bose bluetooth speaker.

OP
OP
Sonia3
Jul 3, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 yrs
Thanks for info everyone - I want to use the bluetooth speaker we take with us for music from iPad etc and get better sound from the TV. Great ideas and info - thanks....

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
We use a transmitter that cost less than three quid off eBay, and it's fine. We also plug the speaker in sometimes using a mini jack to jack lead that costs about a pound. Much better sound than the Avtex tv it has to be said either way.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I've always thought the built in speakers on our Avtex TV sound fine.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I've just bought a mixcder Tx / Rx unit off Amazon - Amazon product ASIN B01AJ6DFHO and it works really well with my Bose Sound link II. you plug it into the Headphone jack of the TV on Tx and the speaker picks up the sound. No snags with Bluetooth lag either. - Hope link works

OP
OP
Sonia3
Jul 3, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 yrs
Thanks for the link Zigisla - thats exactly what I want!! Many thanks for help!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back