Blue water hook-up hose for caravan - worth keeping? (1 Viewer)

Millie's Mum and Dad

Free Member
Aug 11, 2014
Funster No
MH
2008 Swift Bolero 630EW
Exp
Caravanning for 30 years, motorhome beginners
We're working through what we won't need when we part-ex our caravan for our new MH and don't know whether we'll need our blue water hookup hose. What does anyone think?

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
You need to consider how you will put water into the MH tank. Will your blue hose work, do you intend to keep an aquaroll for topping up at rallies etc (some do).

Upvote 0

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
I keep a couple the Blue food-grade hoses of different lengths for filling the on-board water tank.
Stef.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Plenty of people say you will die if you don't fill with food grade hose, so I would probably keep it!

Our green one hasn't killed us in the last 10 years though!
That's true and what we used to use, but got fed up of unrolling it and kinking, one day I was in a motorhome place and saw a blue hose on "offer" it was still a tenner but took the plunge, now wish I had one years before , don't know how long it is , not very to look at it but never been anywhere it won't reach and the rolly bit of rubber on the end fits any taps we've come across, no need for connectors or anything, recommend them to anyone.

Upvote 0
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Think I have posted this before but we use a Z hose. Brilliant, don't kink, don't get knotted, and expand up to 3 times original length when under water pressure. Very light and easy to carry and store away, just remember to let the pressure dissipate first!! As for blue or green, who cares, not killed me yet! :drunk:.

Edit, Oh and by the way Lidl are doing their own version called "Florabest 15m flexible garden hose" on Thursday down here, not sure if it expands but picture looks the same as mine. (It's orange, will give a new colour to talk about!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back