Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Kay is now the owner of a blue badge and upon looking through the instructions for use we noticed that the M6 toll rd, the Severn Bridge and various others are toll free for the holders of blue badges. Are there any similar concessions available in France Spain and Portugal ???.....Many thanks in advance for your help ! Stephen and Kay....:thumb:

twooks

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
you get reduced rates on french autoroutes if you show your badge, not sure why you should but you do, can't comment on other countries

try google - I know IAM have info on it - but I think you need to be a member to access the info

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
I think you will find that exemptions must be applied for in advance and some, like the M6 Toll require an administration fee of £15 :Sad:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
I havent read through it, but this link may help you

Link Removed

This next one is for outside the EU

Link Removed

UK Toll concessions read this one

Link Removed

Last edited:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Kay is now the owner of a blue badge and upon looking through the instructions for use we noticed that the M6 toll rd, the Severn Bridge and various others are toll free for the holders of blue badges. Are there any similar concessions available in France Spain and Portugal ???.....Many thanks in advance for your help ! Stephen and Kay....:thumb:

To be honest, it depends entirely on who you get in the toll booth in France. If you show your blue badge and the information sheet, which I will find and send you the link, they might charge you 'class 1' which is a car, if they are not in the mood, then they will just charge you Class 2 or even 3 depending on the size of your motorhome.

There does not seem to be a hard and fast rule about this, and we thank them whether they give it us or not! Some you win, some you don't is our philosophy. It can save you quite a bit in tolls. We had some friends which stuck to their guns and argued the point, showing the log book with the disability on etc. Eventually, after the attendant had rung someone - and everybody waiting behind them was getting annoyed - they received their discount. I didn't think it was worth all the hassle.

They do not operate any type of discount in Spain, so we don't even try now!

Ginny

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back